We started KatKin to change how parents feed cats by bringing to market fresh, personalised and species-appropriate nutrition. Global cat food spend is a $34 billion market and the fastest growing segment within pet food. Premium spend is $8BN and has been increasing 1 percentage point year-on-year; driven by both the humanisation of pets and owners' own desire for fresh, all-natural foods.
Despite the rise of fresh pet food, particularly in the US where the concept is well proven by NomNom, Farmer's Dog and MyOllie, cats have been left behind by new entrants. This is not surprising - cats continue to be the industry underdog, as legacy FMCG companies have never formulated cat food for cats as obligate carnivores despite it being an absolute biological necessity.
Who We Are
We’re a world-first personalised fresh nutrition and wellness company for cats and their parents. We’re building a pet company from the ground up by using technology and the best possible pet nutrition expertise for personalisation and are vertically integrated with our own in-house production. We make the best possible fresh food for cats, and in time will make it accessible and affordable for every parent. KatKin puts cats first and our brand celebrates cats as companions at the heart of the home. We’re laser focused on our core fresh food proposition, while at the same time building a one-stop club and meeting place for cat parents.
We're right at the start of what is going to be a very exciting journey. We launched in the UK in January 2020 after spending 12 months developing our core concept and range of fresh meals. Our early cat parents love us! (check out our TrustPilot and Facebook pages) and we are backed with $6M from some of London’s best VCs and angels and are now looking to scale up - fast.
As the Customer Champion Team Lead, we'd look to you to establish best practices, manage and build our team, optimize the customer experience for KatKin cat parents, and create a positive and enjoyable team culture.
You will play an instrumental role in ensuring our customer retention and satisfaction remains high across multiple channels including social media, live chat, phone and email (with more to come!).
With a role on the frontline, you will be responsible for feeding back what cat parents are saying to all areas of the business including Operations, Tech, Brand & Marketing. Most importantly, as KatKin's Customer Champions Team Lead, you'll have the opportunity and impact from day 1 to shape the future of the KatKin’s customer service team while working closely alongside one of it’s Co-Founders.
Who you are:
- You're a cat parent or cat lover and view them as a member of the family
- You've got hustle and you’re made of grit
- You're a natural leader who is approachable, empathetic and importantly adaptable
- You're an excellent communicator both written and verbal
- You can work independently as well as part of a team
- You are a keen problem-solver
- You act with integrity, transparency, directness and humility
Experience you have:
- You've worked on one or more of these systems: Zendesk, Shopify, Recharge or Hootsuite
- You've previously worked in a D2C customer service role and now have the skills and ambition to lead/ or are already leading a small team of customer service champions
- You’ve worked closely with other teams in the business (such as Tech and Operations) to resolve problems with the product, website or delivery ect.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Ensuring that our cat parents are satisfied and responded to quickly and efficiently across our multiple channels at all times
- Supervising and managing our growing Customer Champion team, including the hiring and training of team members to provide the highest standards of customer service
- Using tools and creating reports to feedback customer insights, quantitative and qualitative data back into the business to improve user experience, drive retention and improve NPS and CSAT scores
- Continually monitoring and improving our communication channels, including the set-up and revisions of SLAs and key performance indicators to track team performance
- Contribute to website FAQ updates and build our Q&A database based on customer questions and needs
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (prorated)
- Small close-knit team
- 50% KatKin employee discount
** Please note your application will not be considered if you do not answer the below questions when submitting your CV**
Send us your CV and very brief sentences on -
- The favourite thing about your cat.
- Example of a moment of conflict with a customer and how you resolved this.
- Example of a moment of conflict with a team member and how you resolved this.
- Example of something you hustled on to get done.
- What are your blind spots? As told by the person closest to you.
- Tell us anything about the cat or pet food space you find interesting.
- What brand has delighted you the most and how did they do it!?
- Which DTC brands do you regularly purchase? Any favourites?