We a seeking a Medical Officer who will be a key member of the Push Doctor Medical Team, helping to drive the delivery of safe, effective, high quality care across our products. You will use your skills, knowledge and experience as a GP to work in this non clinical role. The role will include managing incidents, significant events and complaints, driving quality improvement, clinically evaluating new product features and supporting the training of new clinical staff. Reporting to the Associate Medical Director, you will be fundamental to Push Doctor’s goal of becoming a CQC Outstanding organisation.
- Reviews specific consultations related to incidents, significant events, complaints or other concerns.
- Investigates clinical incidents and significant events in a structured manner. This will usually involve the review of clinical records, electronic communications logs, liaison with relevant stakeholders (e.g. practice staff, Push Dr staff, the GP involved) and formulation of an opinion, decision and action plan. You will report to the Medical Team on concerns, trends and required actions.
- Supports the Push Doctor Operations Team and Patients
- Takes a leading role in the completion of the Medical Team audit schedule, including a review of consultations across all Push Doctor GPs twice per annum, and any other audits that are defined according to the Audit schedule.
- Leads on safe prescribing within the medical team, monitoring and disseminating relevant CAS and MHRA alerts and keeping abreast of the changing regulatory environment with regards to safe prescribing
- Monitors implementation of the Push Doctor Prescribing Policy
- Works with the Associate Medical Directors to improve the quality of prescribing across all Push Doctor platforms
Clinical Safety Specialist
- Underakes training in Clinical Risk Management
- Monitors the implementation of the Clinical Risk Management Strategy
- Identifies, evaluates and implements controls against hazards identified in Push Doctor products and services
Working with colleagues
- Works closely with other Push Doctor teams including Patient Services, Operations, Product, Design and Marketing teams as required.
- Represents Push Doctor, as required, at internal and external events, including meetings and conferences.
- Supports internal training of the Push Doctor workforce
Process, policy and training
- Contributes towards the development of medical policies and processes
- Supports the running of the PGP forum
- Supports the development and delivery of clinical training programmes for salaried GPs
- Supports the onboarding of new GPs with peer-to-peer feedback and consultation review
- Takes responsibility for sharing clinical lessons across the organisation through Clinical Governance meetings and PGP newsletters and bulletins
- Supports the Annual PGP Appraisal process for salaried Push Doctor GPs
- Works with the Medical Team to ensure the implementation of Push Doctor’s medical policies in full
Fully qualified UK GP on GMC GP performers list
Completed appropriate training in:
- Appraisal and revalidation
- Safeguarding level 3 is essential, level 4 desirable
- Information governance
- Whistle blowing
- Equality and diversity
Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability. Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Remains focussed on completing their given objectives and processes, whilst supporting members across the team to meet departmental and company objectives when required.
Engaged in a range of professional activities within General Practice and the wider professional community. Demonstrates leadership amongst the team and specialist peers internally. Influences partners, suppliers and other stakeholders.
Comfortable performing a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts. Investigates, defines and resolves complex problems. Great attention to detail and ability to analyse complex data thoroughly.
Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex technical information to both technical and nontechnical audiences. Recognises the roles and expertise of those around them and how best to collaborate with stakeholders who share common objectives.
Continuing Professional Development
Rapidly absorbs new technical information and applies it effectively. Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes responsibility for personal development. Interest in professional development beyond the aforementioned job description as the business and role evolves.
Push Doctor are working in partnership with NHS practices across the country to provide video appointments with NHS GPs to patients. Our partnership approach empowers patients and the NHS to leverage the benefits of our digital solution and our technology fully integrates with NHS clinical systems to ensure a continuity of patient safety and care. Patients do not need to de-register from their practice and will remain with their trusted family GP.
Push Dr Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.
Benefits & Additional information
- Competitive Salary
- In house gym
- Ping Pong table
- Free snacks / food / drinks / fruit in the office
- Flexible working hours
- Working from Home Policy
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- EAP helpline
- Meditation app - Headspace
*this role can be full or part time*