We are a growing company based primarily on the south coast of England, with several members of the team around the world.
As a company, our purpose is to support people who find it difficult to control their online gambling activity by blocking devices from accessing gambling sites and applications. Our mission is to provide the most effective cross-platform gambling-blocking software possible to individuals and organisations globally, helping people take back control of their relationship with gambling.
As a team we are honest, transparent, responsible and supportive deliverers of positive change.
We have won several awards over the years, including Software Rising Star 2018 and RegTech Provider of the Year 2019.
This is a position for an experienced Android developer with a good working knowledge of the Android platform.
- Improving, extending, and maintaining the Android app.
- Collaborating with other team members to ship new features.
- Analyzing requirements and designing and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Exploring and implementing new ways to improve the effectiveness of the blocking solution.
- Collaborating with the support team to quickly and efficiently diagnose and resolve issues.
- Writing maintainable code, with unit and integration tests where appropriate.
You will be working remotely and working closely with an exceptionally talented and geographically dispersed team.
Where possible we try to meet in person where and when we can but we have been used to working remotely long before Covid changed the way people work.
- Have published at least one Android app
- Experience with Kotlin and the Android SDK
- Experience with the Android Navigation component
- Experience with creating responsive UIs
- Experience working with remote APIs
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Familiar with Git and source code control
- Fundamentals in OO-design, data structures, and problem solving
- Familiar with Android services
- Experience with Kotlin coroutines
- Familiar with code review and issue tracking
- Experience with UI Automator
- Familiar with Android accessibility features
- Experience with Google Billing services
What’s on Offer?
High industry salary with great benefits, health care, generous pension and decent holiday allowance.
What Happens Next?
If your application makes the cut, we will hold two interviews. The first will be a preliminary informal meeting to get to know each other. The next will be more in-depth and involve some skill-testing. After this, if successful, we will make an offer.