Doddle believes in the power of lasting impressions. For us, that means creating a delivery and returns journey that builds loyalty between retailers, carriers and their customers.
Our white-labelled technology enables customers to collect & return their online shopping how and where suits them best. Efficient, fast and flexible for customers. Simple and cost-effective for retailers. And greener, and cleaner for all.
We work with some of the world’s best loved brands like Amazon, ASOS, USPS and M&S to name a few. We’re headquartered in London and have recently expanded to North America, Australia and Japan.
We’re a company with ambitions to positively impact the online shopping experience of millions of consumers. And because the market we work in is constantly evolving, we encourage our people to do the same. To be curious. To challenge. To grow and develop. That’s the heart of the Doddle DNA.
About the role
To support the growth of our business, we are looking for a Technical Architect who is passionate about leading by example in developing a culture of technical excellence. This role will be responsible for challenging, mentoring and inspiring – bringing with you a breadth of experience to define, socialise and drive our architecture and design – empowering our talented technical team to do their best work.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Mentor and support colleagues to reach the right technical decisions. Give them room to take responsibility and learn. Have their back if things go wrong.
- Bring a breadth of experience, perhaps a few battle scars, and a fresh perspective to our API platform – challenge our designs and assumptions – form a consensus in our team around where improvements are required
- Work with the internal stakeholders or customers to translate Business and Technical requirements into functional applications and features to provide to the relevant third parties involved
- Be a stakeholder with internal test teams to ensure we are continually improving our QA standards, particularly ensuring that we realise the benefits of automated testing
- Oversee and assist with the transition of technical products into operational use
- Resolution ownership of technical challenges for projects and the technical escalation point for the implementation teams
- Define, socialise and drive the architectural strategy
In terms of experience and skills the ideal candidate will:
- A consistent track record in providing leadership to development teams to ensure successful creation of high-quality application software in areas including application, business and integration architectures
- Effective application of design standards to software development, enabling the efficient creation of prototypes and maintainable, production-quality products
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment, capable of prioritising key work and tracking multiple assignments.
- Creating custom solutions, including the design and development of systems and architectures to support and solve different types of businesses challenge
- Application interoperability and integrating applications with existing systems to ensure seamless integration of new and existing systems to eliminate potential problems and maintain data integrity
- Experience of demonstrating the benefits and drawbacks of solution options such as cloud vs on-premise, product selection, security or management options
- An appreciation of or exposure to emerging technologies and architectural trends
We offer all of our team a competitive salary and a range of generous benefits. What’s more, we have an open attitude to agile working and you can expect a warm welcome into a friendly, vibrant team of professionals.
At Doddle we believe in employing a diverse workforce and recognise that an inclusive workplace is a key to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on the applicant’s experience and skills. We value what each of our unique employees has to offer our business.