We’re Chip. We’re here to make saving effortless, easy and fun. Our mission is to build the best savings app in the world.
We help people save up money automatically. Infact, we’ve automatically saved more than £150 million for tens of thousands of our savers already.
We’ve done all this by using AI, Open Banking and a disruptive approach to traditional banking.
Now, we’re helping people get better returns automatically, too.
You can open a market leading savings account in a couple of taps in Chip, as well as deposit, track and withdraw your money.
As you sit back, save and earn interest, we’ll keep going to the banks on your behalf to negotiate better rates.
This was a service that used to only be available to the super-rich, but we've done some clever things to pool Chip savers' money, so we can negotiate with banks like you're a millionaire.
Sounds pretty good, eh? And we’re just getting started.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 11,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
If you want to join us, we always want to hear from anyone who believes technology can make saving effortless, easy and fun.
We’re growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We’re looking for a Senior QA Engineer (Remote within the UK) to help us make them happen.
We are looking for a very talented and dedicated Senior Backend QA Engineer to help us build out a world-beating feature set. Joining our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for testing new front-end, rest-api backend features and microservices both manually and by automation; as required and identified at the planning sessions to help us continue to deliver a great product to our customers which helps our company and their money grow.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Working within a dedicated team of highly experienced backend and frontend developers.
- Creating Test Automation Feasibility Review, Test Automation Approach, Test Automation Plan, Test Automation Strategy.
- Continuously liaising and collaborating with developers and other specialists within and outside your team to ensure requirement clarity and quality-first mindset.
- Identify test scenarios, create test cases and document test results.
- Be the quality voice/evangelist within and outside your team.
- Write and maintain tests for both manual and automation.
- Estimate the testing required, reporting status and issues within your team using the system in place.
- Know when to escalate issues/bugs that are not getting the expected attention.
- Integrate and generate reportings from the CI tooling after automated test executions for visibility.
- Document software faults and liaise with developers until the software is ready for release.
- Perform detailed manual and automation testing of in-house applications using industry-standard techniques.
What we’re looking for*:
- Proven track record of experience writing api automation tests.
- Proven track record of working in service oriented environments.
- Proven track record of writing consumer driven tests. (Contract testing).
- Strong understanding and experience of using SOLID principles.
- Strong understanding of creating and using mock servers.
- Strong knowledge of mocking test dependencies and inversion of control concept.
- Strong grasp on SDLC and STLC with a DevOps approach.
- Experience in Continuous Testing.
- Exposure to mobile application testing.
- Knowledge of using charles or any other debugging tools.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £50,000 - £65,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Take home technical task
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Final Interview with HR and VP of Product
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.