We’re looking for an Account Manager, Strategic Charities to join our growing Charity Partnerships team at Farewill.
Charities have been an integral part of our success. We work with over 100 charities in the UK as their will writing provider, and help them raise funds from gifts in wills. To date our customers have pledged over £280m to charity.
We have ambitious plans for growth, and we’ll be investing in our team and our technology to deliver even more for our charity partners. This role is a unique opportunity to be part of that growth, help us change the way the world deals with death, and raise millions in gifts for charity.
In the next 12 months you will:
- manage a group of our largest strategic clients – onboarding them, providing campaign support and analysis, driving growth and maintaining an exceptional working relationship
- define and implement growth strategies for key accounts
- deliver regular reporting, including leading quarterly business reviews with stakeholders
- identify and deliver bespoke projects and collaborations with strategic accounts
- build and maintain an in-depth understanding of our product by working closely with teams across the company
- work with the charity partnerships team to innovate and scale our Account Management offer
- build an industry network and be the face of Farewill at internal and external events
- deliver a world class service to our charity partners
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- prior experience of commercial key account management
- demonstrated experience growing accounts and drive long term engagement through strategic thinking, problem solving and data analysis
- excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- reactive thinking and flexibility to work in a high growth environment
- a passion for our mission to change the way the world deals with death (and raise millions for charities in doing so!)
Some extra skills that would be great:
- experience preparing reports and presentations
- process-driven and demonstrated attention to detail
- strong Excel skills
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- £35,000-£45,000 basic salary + commission (based on experience)
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
* Coronavirus update: Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want (and only if they want) to use it. Previously we had work from home Wednesdays and are looking to expand remote working options long term.
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world, with over £100 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Augmentum, Kindred Capital, and (in our Series B round that we closed mid-2020) Highland Europe.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?