ABOUT THE ROLE
Come and help us transform global access to learning to build a better future. 2020 has been a revolutionary year; one where social media became a powerful resource for people all over the world to begin millions of meaningful journeys towards a more educated and empowered version of themselves.
Supporting the Head of Social Media to create compelling content in both static and video format that will help transform the brand. You will have an opportunity to shape FutureLearn’s creative direction and global impact via social media, input into a best-in-class strategy and work on cutting edge platform partnership and talent/influencer collaborations. You will form part of a high performance talent pool of enthusiastic and driven team members across all of our marketing functions to collaborate on our biggest growth initiatives each quarter. You will work closely with the social media marketing manager to ensure the social content schedule is inspirational, impactful and effective; creating video, imagery, copy and other formats as and when required, that engage and entertain new and existing learners. You’re primary focus is elevating organic social content; building communities and creating loops of social advocacy via content marketing. You will have a dotted line into Creative Studio and work with the Creative, Editorial and Brand Marketing leads to ensure all of your social content is educational, purposeful, consistent and on-brand.
You’ll be efficient and effective using editing software and be able to move between editing and content creation, to feed profiles and publishing, with a desire to optimise your work and ideas to meet your audiences’ needs and respond to emerging trends within your content’s performance. You will champion multi-channel storytelling and create assets bespoke to each platform in order to most effectively build our channels. You will be excited by the flexibility and ever changing environment of a global scale up culture, seeking to find creative and bold ways to connect with learners, brands and partners across the world via social content.
ROLE WITHIN OUR MISSION
As Social Media Content Creator you will play a key role crafting distinctive and impactful social media content that delivers on our quarterly growth targets and marketplace strategy, including but not limited to:
- Post creation for our organic content schedule, aligning with the wider marketing calendar, brand guidelines and quarterly KPIs
- Agree content franchises with Head of Social and Social Media Manager, ideate, create and populate content schedule for s/o before publishing
- Creative decision making on how to craft assets and ability to deliver on a range of options from DSLR to UGC shot on mobile
- Deliver platform/post innovation by constantly being aware of new opportunities for creative and storytelling
- Work with organic, paid, priority, seo, PR and partnership marketing sprint teams to align themes, priorities and content sources
- Work with Creative Studio, Head of Social and Brand Marketing Lead to review and update social content templates on a quarterly basis
- Use a sound understanding of rights management and agreements across static, video and influencer content (NB. this will be the responsibility of the social media manager to clear and sign off)
- Constant optimisation of performance to ensure growth driven approach
- 3-5 years social content creator experience, preferably within a culturally relevant brand across entertainment/publishing/tech/start-up/travel
- Demonstrable experience of social content creation across a range of formats and platforms including video, carousel, stories/vertical video, static posts, tweets, lives and reels/tiktok across both brand storytelling and more tactical sales/product briefs where appropriate
- Confidence, speed and style using video editing software, simple video graphics / animation, filters, social planning and in-platform content creation tools
- Detailed, passionate and creatively ambitious; seeking to elevate social in-house content to play a key role in brand and community building at a global level
- High quality self editor eg. professional standards of written, image and video led communications
- A genuine love for social media, trends, hashtags, memes, innovations and social best practice and conversation within the news cycle
- Excellent team-work / cross team collaboration
- Excellent organisational skills, including time management, prioritisation, forward planning, version control, timely delivery, meeting deadlines and publishing
- Experience of and/or enthusiasm to adapt to marketing tools such as Hootesuite, Monday, Looker (or equivalent)
- Passionate about learning, personal development and pop culture
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 8 years ago by The Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner across the globe. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
If this opportunity interests you, you might also like these courses on FutureLearn...
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free access to Calm app
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV.
This role will be fully remote whilst FutureLearn's office in Camden is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role with a lot of flexibility to work remotely.
We can't wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.