ABOUT THE ROLE
Come and help us transform global access to learning to build a better future. 2020 has been a revolutionary year; one where social media became a powerful resource for people all over the world to begin millions of meaningful journeys towards a more educated and empowered version of themselves.
Supporting the Head of Social Media you will form part of a high performance talent pool of enthusiastic and driven team members across all of our marketing functions to collaborate on our biggest growth initiatives each quarter.
You will work closely with the social media content creator to ensure the social content schedule is inspirational, impactful and effective; using insight, knowledge of social platforms, audience trends and learner objectives to craft content franchises, posts and an approach to community management that engages and entertains new and existing learners.
You will also work closely with the Paid Media Manager in the digital directorate to ensure creative briefs for the paid strategy are clear, on time and align with social platform and brand objectives. Your primary focus is re-engineering our social output to drive growth; ensuring we prioritise our social led initiatives and support for cross functional marketing initiatives by building communities and creating loops of social advocacy via content marketing and social best practise.
You will be proactive and detailed, seeking the best possible social outcome across paid, owned, earned and shared to drive our next stage of brand awareness and audience growth through advocacy. You will have a growth hacker mentality, exploring tactics and new opportunities across our priority platforms. You will be excited by the flexibility and ever changing environment of a global scale up culture, seeking to find creative and bold ways to connect with learners, brands and partners across the world via social.
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 8 years ago by The Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner across the globe. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
As Social Media Manager you will drive our social media plans to achieve our quarterly growth targets and embed our marketplace strategy, including but not limited to:
- Management of quarterly planning process and ownership of translating initiatives into social content schedule and/or Creative Studio briefs
- Platforms overview, account management and responsibility for approach to community management
- Close collaboration with Paid Media Manager, Social Content Creator and Creative Studio to ensure creative output meets briefs, objectives and drives overall ambitions for the channel
- Establish day to day process, key performance milestones and reporting around monthly trading and quarterly objective cycles
- Support Head of Social and Social Content Creator with rights management, agreements and contracts in a timely and organised manner
- Task management support for Brand Marketing Lead across priority brand campaigns where social is lead channel
- Constant optimisation of channel performance to ensure growth driven approach
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free access to Calm app
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV.
This role will be fully remote whilst FutureLearn's office in Camden is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role with a lot of flexibility to work remotely.
We can't wait to meet you!
We believe diversity matters and want to create an environment where that diversity can flourish. We encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, race or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.