Motorway, the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace, is seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team based in London.
We help private car owners sell their car for the highest possible price through a UK-wide network of specialist car dealers. Our 100% online journey has redefined the experience of selling a car, and helped us grow to over 100 people and thousands of monthly sales, disrupting a market that’s seen little change in decades.
About the team
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team based in London.
This role is based in our fourteen strong product development team where you will develop major features and new products in our roadmap. It’s an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products with a high degree of influence, and change an industry.
About the role
This is a varied role, where you’ll work on everything from architecting new features to performance optimisation and on apps designed for consumers through to expert users.
- Developing front-end technology, launching new features and optimising performance
- Developing customer-facing code and UI with a focus on usability, performance and progressive enhancement
- Working with our internal APIs to provide read and write data to our backend services
- Working closely with design and product teams to create work that has excellent UX and production values
- Working in our flat-structured development team, and getting involved in the technical and product strategy of the business
- Championing and implementing software development best practices to ensure our code is high quality, well-tested, scalable and secure
You’ll perform this role across all our products including:
- Our customer-facing seller website at motorway.co.uk (an isomorphic React app) and our B2B product (pro.motorway.co.uk) as well as internal tools
- Our internal app, Dashboard, where the Motorway team access customer and vehicle data and report on performance
- Our collection of microservices (node.js with Express and Sequelize) that power our user-facing applications through RESTful APIs
What we’re looking for
- A degree or college-level education in computer science, technology, or another web or design-related subject
- Experience working with version control (we use Git and GitHub), automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience of agile software development practices and working collaboratively in a team environment
- A passion for technology and software, demonstrated by personal projects, blog posts or contributions to open source projects
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Discounted Calm membership
- Pension Scheme
- Regular social events
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup
- The chance to work with the latest and greatest web technologies, free from legacy systems and red tape
- Fast career progression and the ability to develop your skills and experience quickly
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry