causaLens is a rapidly growing business that is pioneering a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - this goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for our clients. We are currently focussed on the asset management market and our technology also has applicability across a whole range of other sectors including banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications.
We are currently approximately 35 people, are growing rapidly and plan to roughly double in size YoY for the next few years, capitalising on the huge commercial opportunity available to us. We therefore need an individual who had significant experience in leading a People & Talent function within a technology-centric business who can define and implement a people strategy that stays one step ahead of the requirements of the organisation. As a business we are passionate about our people, our cohesion as a team, our collective development and the culture that pervades throughout the organisation. This role therefore sits at the heart of the organisation and reports directly to the CEO.
We want our newly formed People & Talent function to be one of the very best and forward thinking in our sector; taking a lead on new working practices; establishing the optimal company structure to fit with the growth strategy of the business; advising our business leaders on HR matters; recruiting, developing, nurturing and retaining a rapidly growing, high performing team; and planning ahead of the rest of the business so that our international growth aspirations can be fulfilled.
We are committed to diversity and are committed to ensuring that everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer within the business.
- Leading the organisation’s People & Talent function and strategy, including engagement across the business, learning and development, employee engagement, compensation and benefits, talent management, HR information systems (HRIS) and financial planning of the department
- Understanding workforce planning and resource forecasting by working with the rest of the business. Creating and implementing an efficient talent acquisition strategy to feed rapid growth and improve business performance. This will include applying strategies to attract diverse candidates to all areas of the business
- Ownership for managing and nurturing company culture, wellbeing and organisational health
- Management of a consistent approach to People & Talent across the organisation to facilitate growth, including the documentation of policies and procedures where necessary
- Support the rest of the organisation in the execution of particular employment policies to ensure fair and positive outcomes, including direct responsibility for any complex HR issues
Qualifications: Educated to degree level and CIPD Certification (Level 7 preferred)
Communication: you will be expected to manage diverse personalities and viewpoints. Consequently, emotional intelligence, the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital
Organisation: personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key
Leadership: Experience in leading HR strategy on a multi-national basis, including some knowledge of local and international labour laws and understanding of local cultures requirements and practices
Role model: as a member of the executive team, you will be expected to demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of the organisation
Professional expertise: strong working knowledge of employment law issues and best practice processes to manage performance, optimise and restructure teams is required, as well as experience of all levels of employee relations
Growth company experience: hands on experience of scaling a technology business from start-up (c. 50 people) to SME (150+ people) would be a distinct advantage
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real-world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
causaLens in the News
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of screening interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being, they will take place online. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with successful candidates.