causaLens is a rapidly growing business that is pioneering a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - this goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for our clients. We are currently focussed on the asset management market and our technology also has applicability across a whole range of other sectors including banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications.
As we continue to scale our business, we now need to add a Marketing Director to the team to set up and establish a high-performing Marketing function on a ‘green field’ basis. The successful candidate will thrive on the challenge of setting up and leading this critical function within a fast-growing B2B technology business with huge international potential. Make no mistake, this is a career-defining opportunity for the successful candidate.
The right person will be as comfortable in setting strategy and recruiting a high performing team as they are in ‘getting their sleeves rolled up’ and helping out more tactically when the need arises, particularly as the organisation scales. We are passionate about our team, our collective development and the culture that pervades throughout the organisation; as a member of the management team this role also has an important part to play in living and promoting our values. We are committed to diversity and to ensuring that everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer within the business.
- Establish, lead, motivate and grow a multi-disciplinary marketing team to achieve exceptional results
- Define, own and manage the market landscape definition, market categorisation, brand messaging and go to market strategy for the business
- Take responsibility for messaging, content production and thought leadership across the causaLens brand footprint including the build and maintenance of a digital presence that acts as the fulcrum for marketing activity
- Plan and execute a schedule of differentiated campaigns through digital, PR, events etc. to drive lead generation for the sales team
- Make the marketing function data-driven, efficient and rigorous in its decision-making. This will include setting metrics, aligning with industry benchmarks and implementing industry-leading systems, tools and processes
- Stay ahead of industry and management trends, while making sure the business adheres to best practices at all times.
- Knowledge of successfully leading and developing marketing teams in technology businesses and particularly in enterprise sales environments
- Held previous Marketing Director roles with experience of being solely responsible for a multi-disciplinary marketing function
- Proven ability to lead ground-breaking and highly successful data-driven, digital marketing strategies and campaigns
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, including solid understanding of industry-leading tools, market research and data analysis methods
- Understanding and experience of working in a high-growth, VC-backed technology start-up
- Experience of managing external agencies as a part of the portfolio of capabilities required of the marketing function
- Knowledge of working in as a business as it has scaled into new territories, especially the USA, would be a distinct advantage
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
causaLens in the News
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being, they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with successful candidates.