causaLens is a rapidly growing business that is pioneering a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - this goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for our clients. We are currently focussed on the asset management market and our technology also has applicability across a whole range of other sectors including banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications.
As we continue to expand our business, we now require a Sales Executive to help us take advantage of the massive opportunity being presented by Causal AI within the asset management market and adjacent sectors. We need a dynamic, accomplished person with a proven track record in a similar ‘start-up to scale-up’ technology environment who is capable of contributing to the overall success of the business by winning new logos and accelerating revenue growth in their territory.
The ideal candidate will relish the breadth of responsibility required to work in a smaller organisation and will be solely responsible for all aspects of the sales pipeline in their territory - from SQL through nurture to commercial negotiation and, ultimately, to closing business and handing clients over to the account management function. You will also work closely with the Marketing and Growth teams on the overall GTM strategy to ensure alignment across the customer pipeline as a whole. This is an unrivalled opportunity to come in at an early stage and shape a commercial function to deliver results for a business with huge growth aspirations.
We are committed to diversity and are committed to ensuring that everyone feels at home
and can contribute as a peer within the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Set a territory sales strategy, forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
- Generate, manage and prioritise a structured sales pipeline to exceed sales targets and assist the business in hitting its broader revenue/margin targets
- Actively manage sales leads from SQL stage through all stages of the sales process, including needs assessment, proposal generation, commercial negotiation and contract closing. OTE will be based upon 8 deals p/a with ARR of between £250K and £500K and deal values are likely to increase to 7-figures over time
- Deliver a sophisticated consultancy sales approach which is use-case led and involves the identification and solving of pertinent client issues through analysis, the construction of client benefits case and prototyping.
- Ensure that pipeline management and sales performance is accurately recorded to provide transparency to the rest of the business and ensure that ongoing improvements are made to enhance business performance
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Growth teams on the generation of high- quality leads and the definition of impactful messaging, sales collateral and other thought leadership material
- By working with other members of the management team, maintain a thorough knowledge of our proposition, the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors
- Proven ability to close commercial deals, hit revenue targets and deliver profitable, long term contracts
- Experience of selling software and solutions into asset managers and/or adjacent industry sectors
- Expertise in delivering a sophisticated consultancy sales approach with challenging clients
- Used to selling without the support provided by a large and mature organisation with an instantly recognisable brand
- Experienced in the use of structured sales methodologies and configuring/using CRM packages to provide transparency and implement changes to deliver business benefit
- Highly numerate, with the ability to construct complex, accurate client business cases and commercial proposals
- Knowledge of commercial contracts in order to review and make simple drafting changes
- Very structured and organised, with the ability to influence strategic decision-making through confident, detailed analysis and constructive challenge
- Familiarity of working within fast growth technology businesses with a high proportion of engineering and academic talent
- A detailed understanding of (and interest in) cutting edge software technology, particularly artificial intelligence, would be a distinct advantage
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real-world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
causaLens in the News
As well as the opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, international team that is passionate
about innovation and making a difference, we have competitive remuneration and pension
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses,
conferences and book budget
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Active social calendar including regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Encouragement of a great work/life balance that includes flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas,
growth and enthusiasm!
Our interview process consists of screening interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being, they will take place online. We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with successful candidates.