The global foodservice industry is worth $3.4tn - it’s a market that over recent years has seen the introduction of many tech-driven solutions from food delivery to online reservation. All of which have made the consumers' lives easier than ever before, but what about for the restaurant end? 25% of food businesses are verging on closure at any given time and more than 50% of workers suffer from depression due to burn out. What can we build to make a chef’s life easier?
Enter Jelly - transformation from the ground up
We're aiming to transform the global foodservice industry from the ground up. Starting with what we believe to be the foundations of a profitable food business: food costing.
Our app is already loved by chefs from Michelin-starred restaurants to school canteens and catering companies, in the UK and the US. Our users tell us that Jelly is helping them save time, increase control and maximise their GP.
Top Backers - now is our time
If it wasn’t already difficult enough, COVID has brought about even more challenges and profit losses to the foodservice industry. Therefore, transformation is now a necessity and our timing could not be better.
During the first lockdown we raised a multi-million pound seed round backed by top investors, including the first institutional money into Revolut, Transferwise and JustEat.
With 120+ sites active on Jelly already, this an exciting opportunity to be part of the core Jelly team and to build the sales function from the ground up. We are looking for people hungry to take ownership of the sales function and to drive fast growth for the business. This is the chance for real personal and professional development and to grow within the role.
You will also be at the forefront of our expansion. There will be massive opportunity to rapidly grow into senior roles and spearheading launches in new territories.
- Freedom to generate your own leads from the hottest restaurants as well as
- Closing new users, taking them from initial contact through to meetings, calls and demos to get them using the app
- Help users make the most of the app, retaining them with strong account management skills
- Work with the CEO to help create and refine sales process and strategy from the ground up
- Please note this position is more sales led then account management
- Past experience in closing outbound sales
- Past experience in cold calling and high volume selling
- Passionate about food and hospitality as we're engaging with the trendiest independent restaurants and chefs
- You are curious: not afraid of asking questions and getting to the bottom of things. You champion transparency, even if the conversations are difficult
- You are resilient and goal-oriented
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with demonstrated success in exceeding targets
- You are keen to learn and grow beyond your role
- You are a self starter: unafraid to get your hands dirty, taking proactive ownership
- You bring well articulated ideas to the table and can successfully implement them
- You are a team player