Yoto is an interactive audio platform founded by experienced entrepreneurs that aims to change the way children access audio content. The Yoto ecosystem revolves around a curated library of stories, music, activities, sound effects, podcasts and radio. Children listen to the content on Yoto Player, a safely connected speaker that is controlled using physical cards with NFC technology. Additionally, the Yoto App allows parents to retain a level of control, enabling volume control, remote play and more.
We launched our first hardware product, Yoto Player, on Kickstarter in November 2017, reaching its funding target after only 5 days, and receiving a Red Dot Design award in the process. The product shipped for Christmas 2018 to a great customer reaction. Our partners include Roald Dahl Story Company, Penguin Random House, Hachette, Macmillan, Harper Collins, Naxos, Storynory and more. Luke Kelly, grandson of Roald Dahl and MD of the Roald Dahl Story Company, is on our board, and we are well-funded - backed by leading investors.
At the start of 2020, having worked with Pentagram on the redesign of the product and our brand, we relaunched Yoto Player. Since then, and despite certain major world events, sales have been doubling (and sometimes tripling) MOM, we’ve launched UK and US websites, won multiple awards including TIME’s Best Invention 2020, had a tonne of good press across the world and started to build some great buzz.
We are looking for a data expert to join our growing team. You’ll support a data driven company by dissecting stakeholder’s questions into requirements, helping to design and implement these requirements across our platform and presenting the answers. Equally you’ll be proactively identifying striking insights from (potentially) available data.
You’ll need to understand data from top to bottom, be able to identify the right questions to ask and step into the data lifecycle in relevant places to work out the answers by yourself.
The role is currently fully remote but we have an office in King’s Cross, London, where you’ll be expected to visit from time to time. Whilst this is not a remote only position, we offer flexible working hours or remote working where possible and appropriate. Many of the team are parents and we truly understand that life and work need to work together.
- Help engineers design amazing data sets with relevant data pipelines feeding into state-of-the-art central analytical models
- Design new data collection points and challenge existing data processes to provide better insights for business
- Be the chief guard of all company data - protecting its accuracy, completeness, consistency, security, safety
- Get your hands dirty writing complex queries and scripts to transform and make sense of all the data
- Be the dashboards champion providing teams across the company with real time access to KPIs, stats, performance metrics, alerts, etc
- Help with defining company’s domain model and ubiquitous language
- To be able to identify the most relevant data and present it in compelling and comprehensible form
- Excellent SQL and experience with NoSQL
- Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
- At least basic programming/scripting skills
- Experience with Cloud based platforms - ideally MongoDB Atlas and AWS ( Redshift, Glue, Kinesis, VPC, IAM, Athena, S3, etc)
- Experience with front-end data visualization frameworks and/or BI tools
We’re a small team so you’ll get a chance to play with plenty of different things all the time – bonus points for any experience or desire to dig into any of the following:
- Machine learning experience
- Obsession with CI/CD
- Knowledge of data related testing best practices
- Interest in modern research method
What we offer:
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Equity (EMI share options)
- 25 days holidays
- Workplace pension
- Currently fully remote, but in more normal times, we operate a flexible work environment
- Exciting ride in a fast-growth start-up
NB: This is a full-time role based in London and you must be eligible to work in the UK as we are unable to offer visa sponsorship. No recruiters please!