We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Full Stack Software Engineer based in London to join our Product team in building a platform to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for exceptional and ambitious individuals to develop our Causal AI platform for time series. You will work as a Full Stack Engineer in the Product team which is composed of software engineers and scientists. You should have a proven experience programming across the tech stack and be comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others.
The main web application stack includes Python, Django, Celery, Postgres on the backend, with React and Typescript on the frontend. We also make use of Redis, Cython, Numpy, Torch, Ansible, AWS, GCP and other technologies throughout the rest of the stack.
- This role is open for candidates of all seniorities, junior to senior.
- Smart, capable and can write clean code effectively
- Ability to design and architect high-performance distributed software
- Understanding of the full stack, from REST backends to modern SPA frontends
- Experience with React or similar frameworks (VueJS, AngularJS)
- Interest in UI/UX, creating a consistent design and responsive user experiences across multiple devices.
- In-depth understanding of computer architecture is preferable, e.g. C, C++, Cython
- Interest in machine learning/big data (prior experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Ideally you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real-world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
causaLens in the News
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of a coding test, 2 screening interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.