Salary based on experience (£50-£60k) | 6 month FTC starting mid Feb 2021
London-based remote working | Collaboration office space in London (available to use as a workspace)
Urban is the wellness app for busy people. It’s a way to book massages, beauty treatments, personal training and more to your door in as little as 60 minutes.
Founders Jack and Giles opened Urban (then called Urban Massage) in 2014, driven not only to make massage treatments more accessible to all, but also to make the industry more fair to practitioners. Connecting with clients through Urban gave massage pros a way to run their own mobile businesses on their own hours, taking home a much bigger cut of the booking fee for their efforts.
Urban’s since grown to offer more at-home wellness services, having welcomed expert beauticians, physiotherapists, osteopaths and personal trainers onto the app to deliver their treatments and sessions to busy people across the city. The app now operates in London, Paris, Manchester and Birmingham.
To date, Urban’s delivered well over 650,000 treatments, with over 3,800 practitioners using the app to earn a living doing what they love.
As the Creative Manager, you will be challenged with inspiring the creative team in producing consistent and engaging creative output across all touchpoints in the user journey.
The successful candidate will have excellent project management and design skills. You’ll have high conceptual thinking, whilst also having strong commercial awareness.
This role will suit a senior designer with management experience looking to step up into a leadership role.
- Manage a small team of highly creative individuals (1 digital product designer, 1 copywriter/video creator and a freelance copywriter)
- Influential yet collaborative in ensuring that brand guidelines are followed across every touchpoint and channel in the user journey
- The ability to project manage multiple creative briefs from every department in the business is key
- Challenge incoming briefs and gather the correct information from project stakeholders in order to write new clear creative briefs that will help elevate the Urban brand
- Give constructive feedback and critique on all design and copy tasks
- Develop team skills - workshops and creative brainstorming
- Oversee and manage the organic social content planner
- A confident yet approachable team manager
- Someone who is familiar working across all marketing channels (digital product, performance marketing, PR, organic social)
- Confident in project managing briefs, team workload, prioritisation and delegation
- Experience in managing a team
- A strong design background: competent in using Sketch, Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Someone who is commercially aware and understands the need for conversion whilst never compromising on quality and brand consistency
- A background in print design, as well as understanding print production would be a bonus
- Experience in video concepting and storyboarding
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment with strong personalities