Backend Developer (Python), London Based
Nobody can predict how we will use vehicles in 10 years. Are all vehicles going to be self-driving? Is traffic going to be controlled using a central or distributed system? Are we going to own cars at all? Whatever the future of autonomous vehicles will be, one thing is certain: we will need roads, good, safe and intelligent ones.
If you want to be part of a dynamic and award-winning start-up and help shape the future of mobility - join Valerann! We are developing a traffic management solution that is based on a unique vehicle-level data fusion. We ingest streams of data in our cloud environment; we run machine learning algorithms to identify various traffic issues and feed them back in real-time to vehicles and traffic control centres. We have made huge progress, but we need your help to move to the next level.
Our London-based team is looking for a talented, experienced and hard-working python developer. Your primary focus will be developing our backend services: API and data pipelines that ingest streams of data (IoT, social media, camera feed and connected vehicles data), run machine learning algorithms, in real-time and in batch and store the data in various databases.
A proven experience that we are looking for:
- At least 3 years experience in developing backend code and data pipelines using Python
- Experience in developing production-ready machine learning code
- Experience with implementing machine vision pipelines or IoT pipelines, for example, streaming, processing data in real-time and in batch, storing data.
- A high level of database proficiency, and experience at working with databases such as PostgreSQL, Athena/Hive and stream engines such as Kafka.
- Experience at developing APIs, for example using Flask or FastAPI.
- Using software development tools such as AWS/Azure, Docker, Terraform, Github, Jira, Airflow, Grafana.
You should be
- A person who likes to work in a start-up environment: dealing with uncertainties, working in a small team, and taking initiatives.
- Someone who enjoys engineering complex systems.
- Someone who can identify MVP and develop the right product.
- Someone who is eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
The interview process
- Initial 30 minutes introduction where we will learn more about your professional background and experience. This will also be a good opportunity for you to understand more about the role and our company.
- One hour technical interview.
- One hour pair programming task. You and one of our team members will work together to develop a small backend service.
- Final interview with one of the company founders.
- All interviews will be held remotely.
Location: London/Camden (flexible working is an option)
*The company is an equal opportunity employer