The Dream Corporation is building OTHERWORLD: an island paradise reached through a growing network of immersion rooms. Already the UK's favourite VR experience, over 50,000 people have visited OTHERWORLD including Adele, Skepta, KSI, Fnatic and Jonathan Ross, earning it Entertainment Venue of the Year in the Frame Awards 2020 and a nomination for the VR Awards 2020.
Founded in 2017, The Dream Corporation has raised more than £3.7 million from leading venture capital funds to assemble a top team of creatives, technicians and hospitality experts. From its HQ in East London, the close-knit team plans in 2021 to expand to an additional four UK sites, launch an international franchise programme, and take interactive entertainment to levels of immersion and presence which have never before been achieved.
Over the next 18 months, OTHERWORLD will grow from a team of 30 to 150, recruiting a diverse team into roles in technology, art, hospitality, finance, sales, marketing and growth.
We're a close-knit team, dedicated and passionate about each other's and OTHERWORLD's success. We want to preserve and build upon the best in our culture, while also ensuring it will enable even higher performance at scale.
Across culture, organisational design, recruitment, learning and development, performance management and communications we need to build structures, processes and assets which will enable this growth and maximise our team's success and happiness.
We're looking for an ambitious Head of People to help us achieve this.
You're an experienced leader with a background in People or HR functions earned either in technology startups or from leisure and hospitality. You thrive on challenge and diversity, and the opportunity excites you to help scale a multi-faceted business, supporting both head office teams in London and front-line hospitality and operations teams around the UK.
As Head of People, you'll be based in our East London office, work closely with the founders and join our top leadership team. You'll report to Chris Adams, CEO and Co-Founder. You'll build out our People team as we scale.
- Support and sustain a vibrant, high-performing culture which serves as an asset for the business and drives our success as we grow
- Become 'chief evangelist' for our values, taking the lead on articulating and evolving them and other culture assets (e.g. culture deck) to maintain a cohesive sense of purpose and help new joiners get off to a flying start
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to improve our culture and organisational health
- Lead our recruitment strategy and source, attract and onboard excellent new colleagues
- Build our approach to learning, development and progression, defining role and competency frameworks and empowering your colleagues to reach their full potential
- Define and manage our approach to feedback, reviews and performance management
- Support the founders and leadership team with organisational development and planning, leadership development and internal communications; and oversee office management
- Coach managers across the business in best practices, in particular around recruitment, development and performance management
- Ensure we offer a competitive package to our team members, balancing pay, share options, perks and other benefits
- Support managers in core HR issues including disputes and disciplinary action, ensuring that our processes are fair, robust and legal, and obtaining appropriate external legal advice as required
- Speak with the 'voice of the team', engaging our colleagues and understanding what they are thinking and feeling
- Ensure our people processes support diversity and inclusivity
- Keep up to speed with the latest thinking and approaches to people ops, and ensure OTHERWORLD is a leader in the field