Applications for this role close on 25th January 2021
We are the UK’s fruit & veg box that fights food waste. We work closely with farmers & growers from all across the UK (& abroad), to rescue & fill up our boxes full of fresh, seasonal fruit & veg which are at risk of going to waste. The reason for this? They're simply seen as too oddly shaped, too oddly sized, or even just - too many.
Alongside our community, we help make a difference to the planet each week - fighting food waste at farm-level, preventing unnecessary CO2e emissions and saving water along the way.
ODDBOX is a Certified B Corporation and will continue to make a difference to our planet with each & every box.
This is a massively exciting and unique opportunity to join our rapidly growing and purpose-led company as we continue to fight food waste and prove that sustainability can be easy.
A world in which all food grown is consumed.
To rescue odd and surplus food in order to reduce food waste and foster conscious consumerism.
We’re looking for a perfectly imperfect individual to drive improvements and efficiencies to Oddbox’s data visualisation and reporting capabilities, while identifying opportunities to showcase our data in new and engaging ways across the business. You will act as a key partner to teams across the business to ensure data is engaging and accessible, allowing it to be utilised at the heart of decision making.
Initially the role will focus on building out our Looker BI platform and expanding our use of Snowflake, connecting more data sources and modelling data. Data plays a huge role at Oddbox and we believe that engineering, analytics and data science are critical to enabling the business to scale quickly and sustainably.
- Develop a complete knowledge of all data sources and maintain a strong relationship with the wider data function, in order to provide them with the reporting and support they need
- Be a key business partner to teams across the organisation, to understand their key business challenges and needs from a data perspective, working with teams to solve their challenges and needs
- Democratise insights providing growing numbers of users with the appropriate information
- Establish best practices for reporting and data visualisation, so that data can be easily interpreted and utilised to inform strategic decisions
- Support and train members of the business in dashboard best practice
- Working across the entire business, proactively identifying opportunities for automation of data reporting and visualisation
- Adopt a continuous learning approach to BI development and reporting techniques, keeping up to date with the latest thinking and practices
- Influence the approaches to using data across the business, focusing on self-service BI. Driving a data led culture and providing advice, support and recommendations on how data can improve business initiatives
- Have the confidence to challenge the status quo and develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Develop interesting and innovative data presentation techniques and identify opportunities to improve existing reports
- Contributing to the creation of complex data sources and reports, to provide concise and meaningful insight to the whole business
Essential Skills and Characteristics:
- Proven track record of advanced dashboard development in Looker
- An expert in SQL
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and techniques
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and manage stakeholders effectively
- An understanding of data warehousing principles
- A methodical, analytical and logical thinker, with the ability to see the bigger picture and get to the underlying business questions and challenges that need answering
- The ability to plan and structure workload, collaboratively delivering under pressure and to deadlines
- High levels of technical and situational awareness within fast-growth eCommerce
- You have 3+ years of commercial BI engineering experience
- You have 3+ years of commercial data analysis experience
- You are confident in implementing, training and continually improving integrated BI platforms
- You have worked in D2C eCommerce
- Compensation – £40k - £50k depending on experience
- Start date – Immediate
- Duration of role – Permanent
- Location – We’re currently mostly remote. When we’re able we’ll be reopening our office in Vauxhall but have a flexible working policy with partial Work from Home.
What you’ll get:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand at a time where we are scaling rapidly, helping reduce food waste one carrot at a time.
- Employee perks via Perkbox & CharlieHR
- Employee Cycle to work scheme
- Free fresh fruits, breakfast cereals and snacks in the office
- Team drinks/dinner and team building events
- Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
- Flexible working hours
- Learning & Development budget
- 33 days holiday per year (incl. Bank Holidays)
- Health Cash Plan
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills and stories to join us and influence and develop our working practice. We are particularly keen to hear from people of colour and candidates who self-identify as disabled. Oddbox is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation.