About the company
Pelation is a cycle technology company that aims to eliminate sustainable mobility barriers through innovative design and engineering. We use connected and self-learning technology on bikes to improve safety mindsets and behaviours of people moving around cyclists, as well as provide previously unavailable data about near misses, road issues, movements and street perceptions to help authorities, planners and businesses make better decisions about cycling-related projects.
About the role
We are currently developing machine learning capabilities of REBO, a consumer electronic device that combines a light, camera, and self-learning technology to improve road behaviors of those moving around cyclists.
We are looking for a Software and Electronics Intern to bring technical expertise and passion into generating innovative solutions for our users. Our ideal candidate will be someone who has an interest in urban mobility and a passion for environmental impact. You will be working in a lean environment directly with the Founders and will be able to get involved with all stages of product development from concept to market, as well as an opportunity to get involved in the business growth side of an early stage start-up.
We’re looking for a versatile and flexible self-starter ready to wear many hats to make things happen! Your role will include but not be limited to working with:
- Localisation using magnetometer, accelerometer and gyroscope
- Machine learning on kinematic sensor data
- Basic computer vision and object detection
- Detecting near misses with sensor data, dashcam footage and computer vision
Knowledge of any of the below and a love of cycling are all a plus:
- Raspberry Pi and Python
- Embedded C development using debugger and IDE (e.g. Microchip studio)
- Proficient with KiCad or similar
- Circuit design with low voltage switch mode power supplies, microcontrollers (e.g. AVR Attiny), lithium battery monitor and charging
- Comfortable using Debian or Ubuntu linux terminal commands
- Working with low level communication protocols and interfaces such as I2C
Length of internship:
This will be a 9-month contract with the potential for full-time at the end of contract.
We are flexible to discuss timings based on your availability and schedule. We run a fully remote working environment at the moment with physical locations in South Kensington, Shoreditch, and Farringdon during non-Covid times.
To apply, please email us your resume and a little bit about yourself!