We’re looking for a probate solicitor/ experienced case handler to join our growing legal team at Farewill.
This role is a unique opportunity to help us shape and grow our award winning probate business, helping us to scale existing services and launch new ones.
In the next 12 months you will:
- work closely with our probate lead solicitor to help us shape, deliver and grow our probate business
- help run a mixed caseload of simple and complex applications for grants of representation for non-taxable and taxable cases
- help build and supervise the team around you in order to deliver on our ambitious goals
- help drive and improve the quality and consistency of our probate customer experience
- play an integral role in achieving our mission to change the way the world deals with death.
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- you have proven experience of probate and estate administration in a volume environment
- you are customer-focused. At Farewill, customers come first. You need to be enthusiastic about our customers
- have a great eye for detail and the ability to communicate complex legal problems simply
- enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, being hands-on and getting things done
- you are excited by technology and the opportunity to step away from traditional ways, assumptions and perceived wisdom
Some extra skills that would be great:
Ideally you will have experience supervising a team.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- a chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- and much more!
* Coronavirus update: Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want (and only if they want) to use it. Previously we had work from home Wednesdays and are looking to expand remote working options long term.
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world, with over £100 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Augmentum, Kindred Capital, and (in our Series B round that we closed mid-2020) Highland Europe.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?