About the company
Welcome! We’re a machine learning company with a mission to open source the law.
Genie AI uses technology to make legal services accessible to all companies. We’ve built Genie Docs, an AI and NLP driven platform that enables the creation of legal documents using the collective intelligence of thousands of past clauses. Changing the business of law from billable hours to self-serve documents, we save our users hours of time and thousands of pounds in fees.
Check out our TechCrunch article from last year! We’re already garnering plaudits, and have been listed by Forbes as one of the top 29 UK AI startups.
Genie AI is backed by world leading experts such as Lord Neuberger (former President of the Supreme Court), Adam Ziegler (Head of Harvard Law School's Library Innovation Lab), Charlie Songhurst (former Head of Strategy at Microsoft), Khosla Ventures (founded by Vinod Khosla, co-founder of Sun Microsystems, the inventors of Java) and other investors with serious pedigree. We're poised for rapid expansion, and we want you to be our next Genie. Come and shake up the £100bn global industry with us!
About the role
- This is an exciting leadership role to develop an industry leading, SaaS artificial intelligence product in the legal sector
- The role requires a risk-taking, creative and “out of the box” thinker to push the boundaries of what is possible in law, service-enabled SaaS and machine learning on NLP/text data.
- You will report directly to our CTO, and have absolute responsibility managing the product roadmap for a developer squad of around 7 people.
- You will be in charge of the complete product development cycle; from Mom Testing our customers to define and refine product features, to iterating designs and prototypes with our UX/UI designer, to creating specific user stories in Jira and defining the high level roadmap with our CTO, CEO and CX Lead.
- You will have technical discussions with developers to define user stories and high level product architecture.
- You will speak to our users regularly to take a user-centric approach, with regular customer interviews.
- You will be keen to become a thought leader in product management for AI SaaS products.
- You will have had sole responsibility for growing a market leading SaaS product that is genuinely breaking new ground.
- You will be at leadership level, but are still keen to roll up your sleeves and doing frontline work.
- You are able to create realistic product roadmaps via Jira that mesh well with our engineers and meet deadlines.
- You will have a strong technical understanding of software engineering principles - whilst not necessarily being an engineer level coder, you can look under the bonnet and recognise any technical issues to address.
- You have a keen eye for detail, and have an advanced, nuanced understanding of UX/UI design.
- You understand how to conduct user interviews and obtain customer feedback in an unbiased way, and are able to dive into user needs and pain points.
- You have a firm understanding of the “Job to be done” framework.
- You might have experienced product setbacks but have learned from past mistakes!
About the Team
Genie AI was created at Entrepreneur First in November 2017. We're now a team of 14 incredibly talented and fun Genies from 7 countries split across Business and Technology. We’re currently working as a fully remote community, and will be working from the office 2 days a week after lockdown. Our office is based in Shoreditch, London, with lots of great places to eat and drink nearby.
What do Genies get?
- Substantial equipment budget for you to set up working environment, including a top of the range laptop
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Generous hare options - we want everyone to share in our success!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular meditation and wellbeing sessions
- Optional payroll/pre-tax charity giving
- Unlimited budget for business, law or technology books
- Regular team lunches and dinners after lockdown (and plenty of social activity in the meantime!)
- The opportunity to join a bright, fast growing startup at grassroots level and genuinely make a difference.
At Genie, we’re passionate about what we do, and we're committed to creating a diverse environment. Whilst we’re on the cutting edge of innovation, it’s all about the people. We embrace differences and hire based on merit, giving equal consideration to all applications, regardless of gender, background or race.