Thanks for checking out our job posting for the role of Head of Ops at PerchPeek. You’ve already taken a tiny step towards being a part of our team - huzzah! This is a huge, huge role for us as we scale up & so if you’re searching for a position that will bring out the very, very best in you, read on!
We know that taking your next career step is as exciting as it can be scary. So, with that in mind, we’ve tried to keep our description simple and bull***t free to help you decide if PerchPeek and this job are a good match for you. We’ve tried to avoid using too many clichés but sometimes they sum it up nicely, so you’ll just have to wince and forgive us.
Who are PerchPeek?
Have you ever relocated before? Did you manage to do it without swearing or rolling your eyes at some point in the process? Didn’t think so… That’s because no matter where in the world you go it’s a crappy process that’s always time intensive and stressful. PerchPeek was conceived to change that.
Whether it’s moving city or moving country, PerchPeek’s aim is to guide people through every aspect of their relocation from searching for their home to settling into their new community. Our fundamental belief is that we can use technology to make moving simpler, faster, more secure and even enjoyable. By combining our awesome AI platform with our even more awesome Support Squad we help people throughout their journey. You can find out more by checking out our website.
What’s next for PerchPeek?
We know what you’re thinking - surely nobody is relocating at the moment? Well, you’re partly right, Covid-19 certainly threw some interesting curveballs our way. But we’ve continued to hit some fantastic home runs and over the past 5 months have actually expanded our operations into over 47 countries as well as raised a Seed round from Top VCs. (Normal startup protocol would dictate that we put a rocket emoji in at this point, but we promised minimal cliches)
To support our rapid growth, our Operations team has sprawled to 20+ people in 8 countries. As you can imagine, under the hood, things are pretty crazy right now & we’re looking for a super motivated, hyper-organised and insightful problem solver to bring some order to the chaos. We need you to be as happy to get stuck into the nitty gritty of the day to day as you are zooming out and looking at the big picture. You’ll be at the centre of our operations ensuring Perchpeek delivers a superb customer experience.
Here’s a more detailed overview of the Head of Operations role:
The core objective for this role: set up the operational system to help anyone move anywhere...from Seattle to Singapore to Sao Paulo, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that every person using the Perchpeek platform finds a home they love - hassle free.
NB/ From the moment a person first comes to Perchpeek, to after they’ve settled into their new home, our operations team are responsible for supporting their search, scheduling viewings, contract negotiations and a range of settling in services.
Everything you do will underpin the core objective so if it’s not on the list, but you can think of it, then it’s likely you’ll be involved in making it happen!
Here is the core of the role though:
- Senior role - you’ll report directly into our CEO, one of the original Perchpeek founders, and co-formulate our operational strategy, including where we hire people, how we split work & more.
- Hiring - helping create a scalable process for onboarding both contractors and permanent hires
- Process development - lead the design, development and implementation of operational processes, policies and standards that will help us create a consistent operational environment.
- Lead through others - daily management of our central operations team, our international support squad and our network of freelancers to create a best in class support with lightning fast reply times 24/7.
- Reporting - you’ll manage and report on our pipeline of movers. This includes reporting internally to our founding team, as well as our external corporate clients.
- Product Feedback - you’ll analyse customer journeys and feedback to provide the Product team with insights on which platform features are most desirable to build next from an operational perspective.
A couple of additional areas to note:
- We know you have a life beyond work and we work hard to make sure that our team has the right balance but it would be remiss for us not to add at this stage that you may need to provide cover outside of normal business hours such as weekends and bank holidays.
- As we continue to scale our support centre globally, you should look forward to travelling (post Covid) to hire and train Support Squad members
- We want you to contribute to other areas that interest you too. We are a young startup and “Think Big’ is one of core values, so you’ll have the opportunity to drive the business forward in areas beyond operations too.
You should join us if:
Our core values align to your own values. These really matter to us, so we need them to matter to you. Before you consider applying, please take the time to think whether you’re ready to commit to each of them every day. You can check them out here.
In terms of the type of person we’re looking for:
- Customer Obsessed: Since it’s our number one value, we wanted to reiterate it here. This is especially important in this role because it’s crucial that you have the customer’s needs at the heart of your thoughts and actions every day.
- Efficient: “If you want something done, ask a busy person.” We need you to be able to absorb pressure and thrive when spinning 10 plates at once. (If you literally know how to spin plates then please include in your cover letter - our CEO’s a big fan of magic and similar skills!)
- Relentlessly Focused: Things move quickly at PerchPeek so you should relish challenges and have a strong natural instinct to drive things to completion and deliver.
- Energetic: You have the day-to-day passion and enthusiasm that inspires and engages your team, even when remote, to achieve high levels of productivity and personal growth.
- Right & Left Brain Thinker: You can balance logical thinking with a creative mindset to solve problems.
- Curious: We’re looking for the ability and curiosity to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Highly effective prioritisation and organisational skills with a track record of being able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving with the mental acuity to solve end-to-end problems, taking in balanced views and risks.
- Keen eye for detail and very attentive to drive our quality assurance processes
- Comfortable making decisions and working autonomously. You have previously demonstrated a strong level of comfort in driving projects forward, but equally you are a team player through and through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Natural relationship building abilities and the ability to work with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels.
- Tech savvy - We’re a tech company and being both technically literate and curious is key to driving operational efficiency.
- If you’ve relocated before, terrific
- Fluent in English, but further languages are a huge plus - the more the merrier as you’ll be managing an international team
We are open to applications from a range of candidates. We are particularly interested in those that have a background in consulting, programme management or business operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability - we want to hear from you.
- We provide super competitive salaries and regular reviews
- Unlimited holidays so that when you’re working you’re charged up bringing your A-game
- Annual $1k learning & development budget - So you can get some structured and proactive growth outside of the office
- Flexible working - This role can be based anywhere in the world. We’ll support you no matter where you want to live and pay for co-working space if desired.
- Time spent turning colleagues into friends (corny but we don’t care) - Weekly socials, quarterly team days and an annual reTREAT
- Experience growing an early stage startup that’s raised over $3m in VC funding and getting to work with a strong Founding Team that care about culture
- Free stuffed Perchies (parrots) and parrot themed games
- If there’s something else you need support on, we’re open to discussions too. Our Perks are always evolving!
Ready to be a Perchpeeker?
Then please share your CV, as well as a short cover letter. We’re not looking for you to spend hours crafting it, keep it brief, a couple of short paragraphs at most. We just want to hear why you think PerchPeek and this role are interesting and how you think you could knock it out the park - don’t be shy, we’re all ears!
You’ll hear back from us and if you’ve been successful you’ll be invited for a quick phone call with one of the PerchPeek team so we can get to know each other a bit better. Afterwards, if we think we might be well matched, then we’ll be doing a series of interviews with different members of our teams before making our final decision.
We hope you’re as excited to apply as we are to hear from you - Good luck!