We are on a mission to help businesses to do better - environmentally, socially and economically. The world needs action on climate, and businesses also need affordable solutions.
We help businesses with product sourcing for their supply chains, from packaging (boxes, tape, envelopes, stationery) to actual product components (cotton, steel, grains) using technology to digitise and optimise the sourcing flow.
We began in June 2020 and are at the early stages of our growth, however, we have already raised £1.9M led by sustainability investors, whose partners had previously made investments in Bloom & Wild, Gousto and Interactive Investor.
About the team
In the first 6 months, we grew the team to 9 people and expect to grow the team to over 30 in the next 12 months. The team works remotely but offer a hybrid setup with working space available in Manchester, London and Shenzhen where the three co-founders are based to provide social interaction and meeting space where needed. We have fully embraced a remote working culture and the benefits of allowing talent to thrive anywhere.
About the role
We have an exceptionally talented team that are mission aligned with our long-term vision to reshape the way businesses run so that we can play our part in saving the planet. We believe in the power of creating an environment and culture that allows talent to thrive and achieve great things as a team. Every hire is interviewed by all 3 of the co-founders and goes through a rigorous culture and competency testing process. As the team scales, we now need an experienced People & Talent Lead to help build, nurture and develop the team further as we grow, and make us an inspiring place to work for the long term.
This is a varied role, where you’ll be responsible for the entire employee lifecycle; from attracting awesome people to the business, to developing them into world class leaders, managers and operators.
It will be green field for you with lots of low hanging fruit to get stuck into. You’ll have to build your structure and think through what remote & hybrid working environments work best as we scale beyond the three current working hubs.
You’ll be reporting directly into the CEO, giving you the mandate to drive the strategy of the people function.
What we’re looking for
- The ability to build a best-in-class process for talent attraction, recruitment and retention
- The ability and desire to develop groups of people into exceptional teams
- The ability to handle complex people situations with compassion and decisiveness
- A degree or college-level education in a related subject
- Experience working with high quality talent, ideally in a startup environment
- Experience working in or managing a people function
- A passion for excellence and in developing people
- A drive for continual improvement
- A long-term view on people expressed through compassion and support
What we offer:
- A mission statement tackling one of the era-defining crises of our time
- A competitive salary and equity package
- The chance to work with an exceptional team top to bottom
- Flexible remote-first working
- Fast career progression and autonomy in building your ideal team
- Regular social events