Yoto is an interactive audio platform founded by experienced entrepreneurs that aims to change the way children access audio content. The Yoto ecosystem revolves around a curated library of stories, music, activities, sound effects, podcasts and radio. Children listen to the content on Yoto Player, a safely connected speaker that is controlled using physical cards with NFC technology. Additionally, the Yoto App allows parents to retain a level of control, enabling volume control, remote play and more.
Our Yoto Player is available Direct to Consumers from our website in the US, UK, France, Canada, with more to follow in 2021 and also via Amazon. We also sell via retail partners such as WHSmith (UK), Indigo (Canada), FNAC (France) and many more. Our content partners include Roald Dahl Story Company, Penguin Random House, Hachette, Macmillan, Harper Collins, Sony Music, Naxos, Scholastic and more. Luke Kelly, grandson of Roald Dahl and MD of the Roald Dahl Story Company, is on our board, and we are well-funded having recently completed our Series A investment - backed by Europe’s leading VCs.
We had an incredible 2020 despite coronavirus with stellar sales growth, high customer happiness and winning multiple awards including TIME’s Best Invention 2020.
We’re a small, creative, tech-savvy team with a passion for technology, education, music, audiobooks and podcasts.
Many of us have built and exited companies at scale before and we’re bringing that experience to the world of audio entertainment and learning for children. As a start-up we don’t revel in office politics and endless meetings giving you more time to get on with the more fun part of the job.
We all love what we do. We are based in London (with a small office next to Google in King’s Cross), but currently with 100% remote working due to COVID-19. In normal times flexible working hours and/or remote working are standard. Many of the team are parents and we truly understand that life and work need to work together.
We’re looking for a Head of People to help steer our growth to over 100 staff (from 30 today). This is a key senior position and you’ll be working closely with the Founders and management team to help build out a world-class team in the UK, US and beyond.
Key responsibilities include
- Working closely with the CEO and senior management on people strategy
- Developing a strong internal culture to support rapid growth, retention of talent and attraction of new talent
- Working with the senior management team to evolve and build on the organisational structure
- Acting as coach and counsel to senior leaders within the business
- Building on the HR processes, policies including pay/benefits, recruitment, onboarding, training and success planning
- Scoping and design of performance management programs
- Leading internal and external recruitment strategies
- Reporting to management and providing decision support through HR data
- Ensuring legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Ensuring the development of a diverse team and environment
- Minimum of 8 years HR/People experience working within Tech, Media or Education industries
- Experience leading the HR and culture function of a fast growing startup
- Experience setting up international offices, especially in the US
- A passion for building a strong company culture
- Hands-on mentality, willing to roll your sleeves up
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable in highly ambiguous environments and able to independently take responsibility from day one
- Competitive salary
- EMI share options
- Fully flexible working