ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to work closely with FutureLearn’s key industry partners in delivering a set of commercially successful qualifications, such as ExpertTracks, microcredentials and short courses that are built to high standards and in innovative ways, on the FutureLearn platform. You will also be expected to provide consultancy support to partners, capitalising on our insights, marketing and product teams for support, in the advancement of their broader digital strategies.
The core aim of the role is to ensure FutureLearn remains a trusted and effective partner in helping each industry partner deliver marketable digital materials to either internal audiences or externally facing global audiences, to a high standard, and in support of the wider digital transformation of the organisation. Additionally, a key focus is to ensure that partners and FutureLearn are achieving their strategic goals together.
You will be a critical member of the industry partner group and, in addition to supporting a roster of assigned partners, will collaborate with the team to provide support across all industry partners. Key criteria for success include a strong working knowledge of digital trends and developments in the corporate and organisational training areas. You will work with senior managers and digital teams at corporate organisations to advise on the selection, promotion and delivery of programmes and qualifications, either blended or fully online. You will collaborate with internal teams at FutureLearn to deliver the full suite of products and services available to partners. You will also provide support to the wider activities of the Partnerships team.
- Understand the strategy and priorities of the key partners and build strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout partner organisations
- Develop a joint strategic/account plan to guide the relationships and provide focused goals.
- Manage and extend commercial relationships within FutureLearn’s highly valued accounts, enhancing performance of existing activity and identifying new opportunities. Retain and grow the partnerships to their maximum potential and achieve company financial targets.
- Understand the target audience for the Partners’ offering and develop strategies to meet the learners needs
- Be recognised as the Partner’s internal advocate, ensuring that the teams meet and exceed the Partner’s expectation
- Develop, present and discuss rich data and analysis to help identify programmes with high commercial potential for the university partner and FutureLearn
- Understand the potential of the FutureLearn platform and fully leverage its capabilities for the benefit of the partners
- Keep abreast of developments in the Higher Ed and / or Industry sectors in the global and UK region and become a trusted support for our university partners so that they better understand digital learning trends
- Monitor and support the implementation of significant programmes being delivered by university partners on FutureLearn.com
- Ensure that partners are aware of, and draw upon, the full range of services available from FutureLearn
- Ensure a high level of partner satisfaction
- Over five years of experience in building strong partnerships (account management / business development), preferably with industry, professional training and technology organisations
- Experience of identifying and negotiating commercial transactions such as contract renewals
- The ability to discuss market insight with partners to support choices around course selection and promotion, drawing upon insight and expertise in the team
- A working knowledge of commonly used digital approaches in content delivery at leading global organisations
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work under pressure to deliver against performance targets
- A passion for education, learning and digital delivery
- Able to set and achieve growth and performance targets for partner success
- Experience of presenting to senior level groups to deliver key messages and handle questions effectively
- Naturally collaborative in a multi-disciplinary team, flexible to changes and specific direction, whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- Masters Degree in a relevant subject preferred
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free access to Calm app
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Perkbox discounts
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. FutureLearn has over 10 million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses, microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England (HEE). It’s also involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education.
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us.
Please note this role will be a remote role whilst FutureLearn's office is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self at work, regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.