Who we are
Buy Me Once is the mission-led e-commerce brand that is changing the way that people shop. We are a mission-led company, driving a behavioural shift from short-term to long-term buying. Through rigorous research, we find the longest-lasting products in the world. We’re not just looking to sell things, but want to turn our customers into stakeholders in our wider purpose.
We are a small and dynamic team, building a business that punches above its weight. Buy Me Once operates in both the UK and the USA, based in London and New York.
Who we’re looking for
With our business growing exceptionally fast, we are looking for a new Marketing Manager to keep taking us to the next level. You’ll have relevant and varied experience under your belt, and with that, a creative flair and desire to do things differently. We are excited to accept applications for candidates of all backgrounds.
You’ll be ready to lead in a department that is set to grow quickly. You’ll have a direct report within a couple of months, and will work closely with all sections of the company. You’ll also need to be entrepreneurial, as we have to be constantly evaluating how we can get the most out of our resources.
You’ll be at home on all of our key channels (including email, paid and organic social and more) and have an innate understanding of the customer journey. You’re driven by performance, and you’ll push the business towards meeting KPI targets. As we roll out our exciting new campaign and brand strategy, you’ll be challenging the status quo and bringing new ideas to the table.
Your core experience
- At least 2 years as a marketing manager or in a similar role, managing direct reports.
- Experience in managing a digital ad budget.
- Experience in managing digital marketing channels.
- A background in a start-up or agencies OR experience in e-commerce or retail.
- Experience in working cross-functionally to develop campaigns and planning the marketing calendar.
- Experience analysing data from Google Analytics or Business Manager and translating it into an actionable story for the business.
And it's great if you:
- Have experience managing influencer campaigns.
- Have worked with Shopify and/or Klaviyo
- Have worked with content editing software. Eg. Photoshop, Illustrator.
The key parts of the role are:
- Setting marketing budgets and contributing to sales forecast planning
- Accountable for driving and refining marketing KPIs
- Own and operate the full circle of campaign ideation, implementation and reporting.
- Leveraging our already strong customer retention.
- Developing and building the strength of our brand.
- Fostering collaboration with commercial and product arms of the business.
- Manage our digital agency, and assist in paid asset creation.
- Competitive salary with share option package
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holiday days
- Competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies
- Flexible working policies
- Staff discount on all Buy Me Once products and a Gift card on Christmas and Birthdays
Send us your CV & a cover letter with the answer to the following questions (max. 200 words each question).
- Tell us about how you see Buy Me Once from the outside. How are we positioned in the market? Who are our customers, and how do we speak to them?
- Tell us about a brand with strong social or environmental credentials that you admire. How have they walked the tightrope between commerciality and driving real change?
Interviews will be conducted remotely. The role is available immediately, and interviews will be offered on a rolling basis.
You must have the right to work in the UK. The role could be partly remote, but once London is not locked down you must be able to commute to Southwark at least twice a week.