Location: Remote, London or Athens
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Application deadline: 7 Feb 2021
We are a multi-award-winning company that reimagines play and therapy for early years learners and people with additional needs. Our first product is Cosmo: a platform of interactive IoT devices, iPad applications and data analytics tools used in education and elderly care settings.
Cosmo helps train cognitive, communication and motor skills through interactive games and activities. The product is already in the marketplace and is being used by families, schools, care homes and therapy centers in 20 countries. The company is now entering its scale-up stage and is looking for a commercial leader to help drive growth.
We are currently expanding our executive team and we are looking for an exceptional commercial leader to help us unlock the next level of growth. This is a unique opportunity to join a small interdisciplinary team with a social mission. Combining strategy, execution and management, the cofounder will provide leadership for the entire business and optimise for growth and scale.
Reporting to the CEO and senior management team, this role is responsible for developing and executing a successful commercial strategy, while supporting the team in the everyday business.
You are a fast learner, a leader and enabler and will relish the opportunity to create a truly world-class Edtech company. In return, you will be able to increase your salary, earn an sizeable equity stake (based on pre-agreed benchmarks) and potentially take on the CEO role in a 6-12 month timeframe.
- Own the company roadmap and work closely with the CEO and the leadership team to ensure Filisia is focusing on the highest value activities and opportunities.
- Pursue active sales leads. Dealing with customer enquiries, liaising with existing and prospective customers and distributors online and at trade fairs, workshops, etc.
- Set up meetings with potential clients, assesses their needs and provides assistance and information on product features.
- Have overall responsibility for commercial and operational budgets
- Share customer insights and represent wider market trends, challenges and opportunities to inform go-to-market strategies including value proposition, messaging, target market segmentation, pricing and channel strategy.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Build the operational capabilities to deliver against Filisia’s long-term growth plans
- Represent the company in education technology conferences, community events, training events, etc
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures and participate in expansion activities (investments, corporate alliances etc.)
- Identify customer/learner problems-to-be-solved and opportunity size, scope and define possible solutions, articulate and test product-solution/market fit, test and agree pricing and business models, and assess impact in market and on learning.
- Take responsibility for the creation and implementation of marketing strategies across all channels: website, social media and PR.
We welcome applicants who are highly effective and confident leaders with excellent communication and commercial skills, along with experience in fundraising. You’ll bring exceptional influencing, negotiation and presentation skills, along with experience of working directly with customers, building relationships and developing communities both in person and online.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong operator and manager - you will have a proven track record in leadership roles with cross-functional teams (preferably in Education, EdTech or Special Education sectors)
- Highly commercial and financially literate - you will be able to drive revenues and devise strategic go to market plans across products/geographies.
- You will have the ability to work with product teams and have some understanding of hardware, software, games and supply chains
- Proven track record for fostering long term, successful business relationships at various levels of seniority.
- A quick learner, problem solver with can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong self-initiative and results orientation
- Previous fundraising experience
- Experience working in technology startup or scale-up
- Experienced in or interested in improving the lives of people with additional needs.
You may not tick all the boxes but we are open to examine your candidacy if you bring the right mindset.
Applications through agencies will not be taken into account.