Who we are
Vauban is on a mission to bring great user experience to investment services! We do this by enabling some of the most exciting Private Equity, Venture Capital, Hedge Fund, and even Fine Arts & Wine Fund Managers to launch and administer their alternative investment funds.
We are very proud to have set up over 100 Wealth Containers, and to have supported fund managers in raising over $200M in capital. But we are not stopping there - our ambitious plans include doubling our headcount in a year, and expanding to $1bn in assets under management by the end of 2021.
When hiring the next generation of Vauban-ers, we believe strongly in meritocracy above everything else. This means that we apply fair and structured hiring practices to ensure that the most talented candidates join our ranks.
Therefore, by joining us, you will be part of an exceptional team at a booming early-stage venture. Every team member directly contributes to our goal of engineering the investment vehicles of the future, and you will be no different!
How we work
We have a simple philosophy – we live, breathe and lead by 4 key values:
- Courage - We do not fear the unknown path, nor do we think in terms of impossibilities.
- Pioneer - We constantly adapt where others are paralysed, as we find solutions to tomorrow’s problems.
- Polymath - As innovators, we are constantly learning and juggling complicated and versatile subjects.
- 110% - We believe in the concept of Work Compound Interest, where adding a little more productivity on each task can build towards extraordinary returns.
Who you are
You are an experienced sales person with a ton of energy, hard-working and a passion for revolutionising alternative investments at its very core.
You understand or have a real desire to learn how investment funds work, where they are structured and why. You want to rid the world of the pains that traditional law firms and fund administrators cause, and wow clients with a better way using automation and digitalisation – the Wealth Container.
Your mission will be to support the team in reaching its target of $1bn of assets under management by the end of 2021.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be deal-making from the go – improving Vauban’s global footprint by offering Fund Managers and Sponsors a unique and flawless experience.
- Pitching and qualifying new business, whilst helping clients navigate a challenging regulatory and legal structuring process.
- Identifying cross-selling opportunities to help drive better value to our clients.
- Supporting our partnerships strategy by identifying collaboration opportunities and supporting our partners network.
You will definitely need
- 3⁺ years B2B sales experience in the financial services or (enterprise) fintech space
- A thirst for knowledge and following all that is new in the alternative investments space
- Ability to recognise opportunity, shape negotiations and close deals.
- You are approachable and have superhuman listening skills
- The team-player gene - we succeed as a team!
- Outstanding English language ability
- Knowledge of AIFMD, Collective Investment Schemes and other related regulations
- Worked in the Fund Structuring / Fund Administration / Professional Services space
- LLB or equivalent experience
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company with responsibility from week 1
- Interact daily with the most talented fund managers and venture capitalists in the world
- Weekly Team breakfast
- Book subscription
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Office in the City of London
- Team gaming nights / dinners
- Competitive Salary + Uncapped Commissions
This role would really fit someone with direct experience selling to the alternative investment space, but we embrace diversity in talent and background, so feel free to apply even if you feel like you don’t fully match the description above.
Vauban was founded by Rémy Astie and Ulric Musset with a passion to revolutionise the way that fund structuring and administration worked - by making it as simple and pain-free as how shipping containers changed the way international shipping worked. Wealth Containers was the logical next step in that evolution. Since building their very first Wealth Container, they have changed the way that over 3,000 investors have accessed alternative investments.
We have been backed by key partners such as Kima Ventures, West Loop Ventures, United First Partners, and Pi Labs. Vauban is headquartered in London, and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 825317).