Atom Learning, one of the UK’s fastest growing education technology startups, is hiring a Head of Product.
Atom Learning is an online learning platform that is making education fairer. We want to provide all children whatever their background and wherever they are in the world with an affordable, high-quality education. To achieve our goal, we are combining exceptional teacher-made content with machine learning to keep students on their optimal learning paths.
Atom Learning is growing rapidly with hundreds of schools in the UK and abroad using the platform and thousands of independent subscribers. We have partnered with one of the largest global publishing houses with distribution into thousands of schools in the UK and abroad; we are in talks with national governments to develop their digital learning strategies; and we’re just getting started!
We are ranked one of the UK’s top 100 startups by Startups100, are a finalist for the AI Award in the Lloyds Bank Business Awards, won the Best AI-based Solution for Education in the AI Breakthrough Awards, were a finalist in the Education Investor awards 2018 and Amazon Growing Business Awards 2018 as Young Company of the Year.
We are a growing team of 70 with offices in Soho (currently working remotely); we have big ambitions and anticipate being a team of 150 in a year’s time.
Atom Learning is looking for a Head of Product to join the team at our offices in Soho. You will lead the product team (currently 4, managed by COO). You will work closely with the technical and curriculum teams, and founders to put in place the requisite processes that will allow us to scale the product team and build new features efficiently and to a high standard.
You will be responsible for the design, build and launch of all new features and products across our platforms. You will ensure we have efficient processes in place for product development, teams are communicating effectively and we remain client-centric in our product development decision-making.
Our technical team (20+ developers) work in a pod structure with 1 product manager assigned to each pod.
- Manage and grow the product team.
- Establish good practice for product development and project management.
- Coordinate Atom Learning’s technology, curriculum, data and design teams to ensure features are built efficiently and within deadlines.
- Prioritise feature and product development to align with wider company goals.
- Conduct usability tests and customer interviews, communicate with key stakeholders including schools, teachers, parents and students to determine new features and products.
- Work with designers to scope out new features and produce low and high fidelity wireframes.
- Work with development pods to advise on feature production, provide business context to developers and ensure development remains on specification.
- Experience working as a senior product manager / product lead / head of product in a fast growing start-up / scale-up or established company in a technology role.
- A desire to work in the education sector.
- Excellent written English.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Data analysis (SQL, NOSQL, Python) - (Plus).
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays;
- Flexible / remote work (post covid);
- Competitive pay;
- Full auto-enrolment workplace pension;
- High degree of autonomy and exposure to the running of all business areas of a successful start up;
- The opportunity to become an integral member of a fast growing technology company;
- Frequent team dinners and drinks;
- An office on Dean Street, Soho.