About tplusn (www.tplusn.io)
We are building the world’s best data forecasting platform. It will need to deliver meaningful results to a broad range of customer segments, starting with leading data driven technology startups to cutting edge investment companies and many data orientated consultancies in between.
We’ve secured a number of initial test users with the first iteration of the platform and now require an expert engineer to help deliver new features. Over time the role will encompass further duties, transitioning to a CTO position. It is paramount that you already have prior startup founding / early stage experience and you are able to fit it in around your current day job.
You will need to be comfortable with working in a very uncertain, dynamic and highly intensive environment. Here are some of the responsibilities and required experiences (obviously given the nature of the role - this isn’t a comprehensive list - let us know if we missed something important?).
- Back end engineering / web development (50% of time)
- Machine learning engineering / data science development (30% of time)
- Front end work & data visualizations (20% of time)
- Support documentation development
- Ensure thorough software engineering processes are followed
- Support the product development / strategy conversations
- Similar founding team / early hire role in a data heavy startup
- Knowledge of mathematics, statistics, machine learning theory
- Python - Django / Flask web development for data analytics, or
- Java / Scala back end development for data analytics
- React + data visualisation libraries
- SQL + NoSQL + time series databases
- AWS, Docker/Kubernetes
- Integration with third party APIs
- Development of webhooks
- General software engineering (testing, documentation, CI/CD)
The role will likely remain part time, fitting in around your current day job, for the next 6 months until further funding is secured. You need to be able to start working asap and be located in London. Compensation can be a range of salary and equity, depending on further discussions and levels of commitment.
In your cover letter, please:
- explain how you can add / bring value to this role
- provide an example of a failed project / start up idea you have worked in the past, what happened and what did you learn from it
- Anything else you would like to add
No development agencies or recruiters please!