An ambitious new local food delivery service is looking for a hands on business partner to assist in the day to day running of the business which is setup and ready to go and has early traction and revenue. The nature of the business means that feedback and revenue is very quick in terms of turnaround time.
You’ll be joining an existing team of 3 founders with expertise in farming, marketing and technical. Strong relationships with top quality local suppliers have already been established as well as a loyal following and growing customer base who love the direction the business is taking.
Initially this is likely to include assisting with packaging and delivery runs but by Q2 2021 (possibly sooner) it’s likely that additional recruits will be needed and the role will quickly become more strategic and morph into an operations director type role.
Applications from existing businesses that may be interested in a JV for example existing delivery businesses or smaller grocery/farm shops will also be considered.
Location would need to be commutable from Newcastle-upon-Tyne (UK).
- Strong organisation, strategic and communication skills;
- Prior experience of managing / delivery business operations - ability to work autonomously;
- Adept at building new and maintaining existing partner relationships
- Keen to become a part of a hands on start-up
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Full UK Driving License;
- Previous food (retail) industry experience;
- Working knowledge of food safety/hygiene practices;
- Access to own or similar van or delivery vehicle initially;
- Significant Equity partner in the business;
- Good income stream within 6-8 weeks with virtually untapped potential (business currently breaks even);
- Flexible working hours - early starts will be required but the business will generally fit around family commitments;