SMASH - Save Money and Stay Healthy - is an exciting new app that gives 13 to 24 year olds money off the healthier food options at the places they like to eat, including fast food chains, restaurants, supermarkets, sandwich bars and coffee shops.
In this post-COVID world, we want young adults to have easier, cheaper access to healthier options to enable them to benefit from the healthier choices they want to make.
The brainchild of ex-KFC board member Chris Holmes, ably assisted by ex-Accenture / Dyson digital expert Emma Hollis, finance whizz Mark Currie, nutritionist Jenny Rosborough, and with Ella's kitchen founder Paul Lindley as chair, SMASH has attracted financial backing from Guy's & St Thomas' charity and support from BiteBack 2030, along with a number of private investors.
And now we need you …
So if you’re a positive thinker, up for disrupting the status quo in healthy eating to shine a light on the good stuff that’s out there, and fancy being a critical part of a growing tech start-up … then what are you waiting for? Say hi!
Need To Know
- This role will report to the Brand Manager.
- 30-50 hours per week (we are open to discussions on flexible hours/ part-time working)
- SMASH is a virtual organization, and so the role could be based anywhere you happen to be, and will be predominantly online for the next 6 months, with occasional travel to Bristol and London. In time we expect to have real (old school) offices, and these will likely be based around London & the South East of England.
In your role as SMASH Digital Designer, you will be helping to bring the SMASH brand to life.
Your day-to-day tasks will consist of collaborating with other teams to define requirements, iterate on design solutions, and contribute expertise for various digital products.
One of the key aspects of your role is creating digital assets for a wide range of platforms (online & offline), including websites and apps, social media, display advertising, newsletter templates, as well as corporate assets for SMASH. Working closely with our delivery teams you will ensure your creative vision is reflected in the app for all our users to see and enjoy!
As our Digital Designer, your responsibilities will include designing digital assets, testing them, and optimizing them based on their performance. Responsibilities also include staying up to date on industry trends and the latest digital design software.
Responsibilities in detail
- Participate in design discussions and give feedback during planning and strategy meetings, coming up with innovative ways to ensure the app remains fresh and relevant, and delivers an incredible user experience.
- Quickly translate ideas into sketches, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Liaise with and brief external design and marketing agencies on the projects they manage, where required.
- Create digital assets (static, video, and HTML) for a range of platforms (social (organic & paid), display advertising, eCommerce, websites, mobile apps, etc.) - this includes video and static content.
- Create website assets from hero design to animations.
- Create email designs for CRM programs and coordinate the creation of email templates in HTML.
- Design and develop homepages, landing pages, and email concepts as well as presentation assets.
- Test assets, optimize based on their performance and iterate based on feedback.
- Research industry trends to present ideas and concepts for timely digital innovation.
- You’ll share our vision to help young people live healthier lives.
- 2-4 years experience in a Design role, website and mobile app experience a must.
- Well-versed in the design thinking process, agile development, and lean startup methodologies.
- Experience working cross-functionally with developers, marketers and wider teams to implement designs.
- Expertise with standard digital design tools, including Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, InVision, etc.
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Photo and video editing expertise.
- Strong knowledge of current digital design best practices and web production techniques.
- Experience with user-centered design, rapid prototyping, and user testing.
- Proven digital content skills.
- Strong portfolio showing the breadth of digital design capabilities.
- Experience creating digital assets for a variety of target audiences - specifically GenZ is a +
- Experience within a fast-paced environment (ideally a startup environment)
- Not afraid to share ideas (even if they’re slightly wacky!)
- Ambition to learn and develop, expanding on existing design skills and learning new ones.
- A chance to make a real impact within a fast-growing startup.
- Pay commensurate with experience and results.
- Potential for end of contract bonus.
- 25 days holiday per annum pro rata (plus your birthday off!)
- 6% contributory Pension & further 4% of salary towards flexible benefits – you choose how it’s spent.
If this sounds like a team you want to be involved in please send us your CV and covering letter, quoting the reference SBD20LIN including - your portfolio and/or examples of your most recent design work.