Since 2012, Festicket has been empowering music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. The platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In eight short years, we have become Europe's largest music festival platform.
In 2019, we completed the acquisition of multi-award winning Leeds (UK) based ticketing and cashless POS platform Event Genius, and the associated Ticket Arena consumer website and brand. Together, we set about a journey to become the most complete end-to-end live events platform for fans and organisers alike, bringing a unique set of products to the market - egTicketing, egMarketing, egTravel, egAccess (Access Control), egPay (Cashless POS) - built to serve any event, any size.
The Festicket Group (Event Genius, Festicket, Ticket Arena) family is a truly international team with 100+ people from over 20 different countries and we're passionate about changing the face of live event experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Leeds, Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto, Nantes and San Francisco.
We're now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of Europe's largest VC funds.
We've been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, a Tech City UK's Future Fifty company, #80 in the Financial Times Fastest Growing 1000 EU Companies and a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019 company as well as picking up industry awards including Best Ticketing Company (Event Production Awards), Product Innovation Award (Ticketing Business Awards) and Best Sales Technology Award (Event Tech Awards).
Join us on our mission in transforming the live events industry around the world for fans and organisers alike .
At Festicket, quality plays an important role in the integrity of our platform and service, and we aim to take a holistic approach to quality in everything that we do. We use a lot of automated tools for our staging and testing environments, and our commitment to CI/CD means that we frequently release into our live production environment and we pride ourselves on good test coverage. Since we are very product-focussed, we expect everyone in our technology department to contribute to designing solutions in support of business outcomes. We are explicit at the technical planning stage, which means we typically don’t have a tech lead in our cross-functional teams. Therefore our environment best suits experienced Quality Engineers who are comfortable defining their own workload with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform testing utilising the appropriate testing approaches and methodologies
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Participate in all Agile rituals (3 amigos, stand-ups, retros, planning, etc)
- Support creating technical and testing technical documentation
- Analyse business requirements and consistently provide constructive feedback
- Efficiently and effectively collaborate to understand the application under test
- Be a quality advocate in your team and the wider tech & product team
- Contribute to automation efforts in your product team
Skills and knowledge
- Commercial experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer, Test Engineer or similar on web applications, e-commerce, SaaS/CRM/CMS or similar platforms
- Good understanding of testing fundamentals, including exploratory testing, risk-based testing;
- Confident with REST API and Web GUI testing
- Good at testing the ideas for new features using a risk-based mindset for structuring your testing
- Experience with a variety of tools and a good understanding of which context to apply them in
- Proven experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
Behaviours we expect you to demonstrate in this role:
- Extremely organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Confident collaboration with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A great communicator who is being open, honest and direct
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate:
- Adaptability and flexibility in the ever-changing world of a scale-up dealing with the challenges of a global pandemic that has hit the live music industry harder than most other sectors
- Intellectual curiosity, and the confidence to ask questions until you understand
- Positivity and a can-do mindset when faced with new opportunities
- Self-motivation and a sense of pride in achieving stretch goals on your own merit
- Comfort receiving and providing constructive criticism, as well as ‘managing upwards’
We’re a team of 100, with our HQ located in the amazing heart of Camden. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music/travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
Benefits & Perks also include:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Unlimited sick days per annum
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Flexible working from home policy
- Eyecare – Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Flexible salary via wagestream
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Occasional free tickets for music festivals worldwide and all year round staff discount
- Long service awards
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Value driven start-up culture