FruPro is digitalising the multi billion-pound fresh produce sector. We are building an end-to-end community, focusing on making the supply chain more efficient in order to enhance every relationship with fresh produce.
Without a centralised platform to manage the supply chain, the Fresh Produce sector lacks reach (70% of growers would like alternative options to sell to), misses out on trading efficiencies (1/3 of all fruit and vegetables produces in Europe are wasted), and suffers from poor financial management (10% of the £1 billion London non-retail sector revenue in the UK is lost to bad debt).
During the first Covid Lockdown, in one week we redistributed fresh produce, which was destined for waste, to feed 500,000 people their 5 a day and simultaneously created £101,000 revenue for our clients.
FruPro has already built our MVP, using an external team, and it is ready for launch. We now want to build our own in-house Technology team to take the product to the next level and build out our eco-system of products.
What we are looking for?
FruPro are looking for a fresh, enthusiastic Co-Founder CTO, who has a passion to make an impact on the supply chain.
We are an early-stage Start-Up with two founders. Will is our CEO, with a family wholesale business with over 130 years’ experience, who has also founded an imports business with annual revenue of £10m; and Ollie is our COO, with 4 years’ experience as a Management Consultant, including working with food start-ups and food waste charities. Our office is in London, in the Food Exchange above New Covent Garden market but we hope to build a global team.
As mentioned, our MVP is ready for launch. We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to build a team and to develop, implement and manage our company’s technology and apps. The role is about understanding the customer problem, not just the technical one.
Responsibilities and requirements:
As Chief Technology Officer (CTO), you are expected to roll up your sleeves and get involved in coding. But, your key responsibilities will be developing the IT strategy and then building and overseeing the team to deliver what our customers need.
The Technology team’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing the FruPro’s strategy for technological development (the architecture, tech stack and infrastructure) and using technological resources.
- In conjunction with the CEO Developing the Product Road Map and delivering it.
- Building on our current tech stack, creating our future tech stack and migrating all frontend and & backend systems.
- Sourcing and managing colleagues and developing an innovative, productive team.
- With the other co-founders, helping to secure further funding.
Our requirements for our Chief Technology Officer are:
- A proven track record as CTO or Lead Application Developer with management of a team.
- A BSc/ BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- A strong network in the IT world for understanding sector trends to build strategy and source colleagues.
- Expertise in AI and Machine Learning is preferable.
- Experience in data management/ privacy, security and resilience, and regulatory compliance.
- Salary to begin with and a more competitive salary once the venture secures further funding scheduled in Q2.
- Equity Stake between 5-10%.