Credit Controller for winner of UK’s Best Business
Head of Finance & Data
To take ownership of the end to end credit process.
Who We Are
AnyJunk (www.anyjunk.co.uk) is reinventing rubbish clearance with technology. Working with a national network of 300+ waste businesses connecting into an Uber style digital platform, we provide an on-demand, low cost and eco-friendly solution for getting rid of bulky waste.
Our technology led approach is redefining service and costs in our sector, as well as significantly reducing carbon footprint. Winner of numerous awards, including Chamber of Commerce ‘UK Business of the Year’, we divert from landfill more than 98% of everything collected.
Having developed an in-house industry leading technology capability, we have since started providing enterprise level software solutions to 3rdparties, and are also developing a consumer focused waste collection app – both ventures are hoping to see exciting things happen over the next 12-18 months.
The Role & Future
We are now looking for a bright, ambitious Credit Controller to join us to take total ownership of all credit control responsibilities, and build out the function as the business scales.
The role will suit a self-starter, who’s happy working independently, in a driven yet chilled out work environment.
Looking to the future, the business is constantly evolving, and the role can evolve with it, if the candidate chooses.
- Manage the AR ledger; which will involve building relationships with all our clients with credit accounts
- Work alongside 1-2 junior team members to ensure invoices are raised in a timely and accurate manner
- Raise more complex invoices for large customers
- Resolve invoice queries, including liaising with other areas of the business.
- Customer onboarding, including running credit checks & account creation
- Upload invoices to accounting software & perform month end reconciliation
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and reporting.
- Huge scope to work on other projects within the business.
- Experience with credit control
- Excellent spoken & written communication skills – with fluent, idiomatic English
- Natural empathy and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Comfortable with IT and software
- High attention to detail
- Experience with Xero & Tableau (not essential)
- Previous experience in the waste/tech industry (not essential)
What We Can Offer
- Immediate start date
- 25 days holiday
- Modern offices (Putney SW15) although can work from home
- An environment that rewards excellence
- An opportunity to put their stamp on a business as it scales
- Competitive Salary
- A new benefits program recently introduced which includes but not limited to private medical insurance, improved pension contributions, the cycle to work scheme and more company social events
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
Work Location: Remote/can work in our office if Putney is commutable for you.