As Atla’s research engineer, you'll develop and fine-tune language models as evaluators as well as use your insights to construct safety guardrails for client LLMs, pushing the state of the art further. As part of your role, you will:
- Fine-tune language models for specific tasks both with full parameter and parameter efficient methods to meet quality and safety metrics.
- Set up an extensive evaluation suite including the datasets and metrics to assess model performance in alignment with specific use cases.
- Work closely with founders, advisors, and top-tier researchers to navigate the complexities of AI alignment.
- Build and grow our applied research organisation, setting a high bar of excellence that propels atla forward.
- Tackle unsolved product and engineering challenges - the hardest in the world for LLMs in production.
Evidence of exceptional ML engineering ability:
- Proficiency in training and evaluating language models across GPUs, preferably in PyTorch.
- Demonstrated ability in productionizing and optimizing large-scale ML systems, preferably LLMs.
- Strong software engineering experience with software design / architecture skills, preferably in Python.
- Aptitude for distilling and applying ideas from complex research papers in our products.
- Experience at elite AI research labs (OpenAI, Google Brain, DeepMind, etc.).
- Experience working in complex and high-stakes ML domains (self-driving cars, search, ads, quant finance).
Nice to have
- Publications in top AI conferences.
- Experience as an early engineer at a fast growing startup.
- Interested in and thoughtful about the impacts of AI technology.
You are going to thrive at atla with the following mindset:
- Collaborative and team-oriented, with strong communication skills.
- Comfortable with the uncertainty and fast pace of a hyper-growth startup.
- Willingness to continuously learn and adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Unpretentious and hard working; find the best ideas wherever they come from.
Join our driven founding team to make a dent in the universe by engineering safe, beneficial AI systems!