Transreport Ltd is a technology company focusing on improving the passenger experience across multiple transport modes and geographies. As an organisation with its roots in UK Rail, Transreport has developed ground-breaking technologies to improve the health and safety of transport employees and passengers alike, whilst ensuring that the customer experience is central to how transport operators deliver their services.
At Transreport, we develop innovative technology solutions that make travel accessible for all. We are a young and driven team, passionate about our mission to develop technology that positively impacts society by working towards a much more equal travel experience for all.
We are well backed by two leading VC organisations, and we have also won financial awards from the Department of Transport in recognition of the innovation we are bringing to the UK transport sector.
Please ensure you add your portfolio to your application- This is a must. Your portfolio should include:
- Your Previous work
- The concept behind the design
- Any research supporting the design
- Which tools were used
Join us on an exciting journey and become a member of our growing team.
Key aspects of our culture here at Transreport:
- Open and transparent, we share knowledge & experience, and encourage everyone to contribute so we can all learn together.
- We actively encouragement and support self-development
- We listen respectfully, ensuring everyone’s opinions are equally heard and carefully considered
- We all work together, collaborating effectively across teams, departments and locations.
- We strive for best-practice in all we do: treating our clients fairly and communicating transparently across colleagues, associates and business partners
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Design Manager to lead our design team, adept at setting up processes and integrating design systems with development workflows. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and direction to multiple teams, working across responsive web, mobile applications, and our design systems. This role is pivotal in shaping our product vision and strategy through expert collaboration and management.
- Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead and mentor a team of Designers, encourage a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Identify and address blockers, leveraging opportunities for team and product improvement.
- Engage in all decision-making phases for your product area, including planning, strategy, QA, analysis, and retrospectives.
- Ensure all requirements are met on time and to a high standard
- Strategic Collaboration and Vision:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to influence and shape the product vision and strategy.
- Allocating resources for your team in the current and upcoming plan.
- Contribute to the growth of team members through mentorship and guidance.
- Implement and refine design working processes.
- Organize, document, and manage multiple projects, ensuring clarity and consistency in team operations.
- Design Systems and Cross-Product Strategy:
- Develop and document design systems, providing guidance on cross-product design strategies.
- Experience in B2B, technical products, and data visualizations is crucial.
- Plan design roadmaps in collaboration with senior stakeholders, underpinned by a deep understanding of user-centered design and UX principles.
- Have a strong creative vision to plan design roadmaps with senior stakeholder.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in leading a design team.
- Proven track record in developing design systems and strategizing across various products.
- Strong portfolio showcasing expertise in design and successful team leadership (submission required).
- Extensive experience with B2B & B2C environments, technical products, and data visualisation
- Accessibility Design awareness
- Excellent mentorship and team management skills; previous management experience is highly desirable.
- Strong creative vision with the ability to plan and execute design strategies effectively.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
Employee Benefits/Perks of the Job:
- Private medical insurance for you and your children after the probationary period
- Tech & Cycle Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free Flu Jab for you and your family members
- 20 days holiday per annum plus UK Bank Holidays
- 10 days nonconsecutive sick leave with full payment per annum
- Flexible working hours and fully remote working mode arrangement to promote work-life balance
- Discretionary Bonus (Dependent upon organisational and individual performance)
- Upscaling and training opportunities, assisting you to stay up to date and explore new skills
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment that values diversity and teamwork
- Unique policies that value diversity and inclusion, including volunteering policy so you can pursue external interests
- Opportunities for growth and advance your career within the company, or switch between technologies and projects
- A budget for learning resources, courses, and books to support your continuous learning and growth within the company after the probationary period
Salary Range: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Location: London hybrid
We acknowledge that prospective candidates may have reservations about applying for a role if they don't meet all the requirements or have experienced an extended career break. However, we want to assure you that if you believe you are well-suited for the position and can demonstrate transferable experience, we strongly encourage you to apply. Please don't let the absence of a few checkboxes discourage you from seizing this opportunity.
We wholeheartedly welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and career paths. Your qualifications and potential are highly valued and respected by our company. We actively seek applicants who can make meaningful contributions to our team's success.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We are a disability confident employer and welcome applications from disabled candidates. We recognise that some candidates may require reasonable adjustments during the interview process and are committed to making these adjustments where needed.
Our goal is to create an inclusive and accessible workplace for all, and we value your unique perspective. We offer disabled applicants the option of requesting that their application is considered under the terms of our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). To be invited to interview or assessment under this scheme, you must show
- in your supporting statements that you meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- Simply email us the following declaration below to email@example.com
- Email subject:
- DECLARATION - Your Name + Role Title
- Email Content:
- I consider myself to have a disability as defined above and I would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme.
If you do not wish to apply under the GIS, but do require us to make reasonable adjustments at interview, then please let us know what those adjustments will be.
A request under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme does not guarantee you a job. At interview, the best candidate will be offered the post.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for all candidates. If you require the job description in an alternative format, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us - firstname.lastname@example.org