Role: Paid Social Manager
Function: Media Buying | Meta & TikTok Ads | Acquisition Strategy
Responsibility: Drive new customer growth through paid ads for our e-commerce clients
Reports to: Head of Acquisition
Location: Hybrid/flexible - Leeds Head Office and working-from-home options
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Audit Bonus Scheme + 26 Days Paid Holiday
Our core values:
- Extreme ownership - taking responsibility for every outcome within your control.
- Quality - how you do one thing is how you do everything.
- Profit - we think making money is great, especially for our partners.
- Personal happiness - you are here because you want to be.
Founded by Olly Hudson and Joe Marston in 2019, Soar With Us is one of the fastest-growing advertising agencies for e-commerce brands in the UK with a team of 25 A-Players. In 2022, we spent over £20m on Meta and TikTok ads profitably for our clients including the likes of The Essence Vault, Art of Football, Public Desire, and many more.
In Q3 ‘23 we’ve been making changes to our organisational structure, recruitment processes, and sales funnels to unlock the next stage of growth. The new Paid Social Managers will be playing an important and exciting role in managing our DTC clients, ensuring they maintain monthly growth targets through paid ads.
Reporting directly to our Head of Acquisition, you will ensure the success of a multitude of clients from a range of different niches. From onboarding to Soaring, you will help brands achieve their goals and scale them to the moon, all while upholding our core values of extreme ownership, quality, happiness, and profit.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll have complete autonomy in formulating your clients’ acquisition strategies through Meta and TikTok advertising (some spending north of £200k per month). You’ll be using powerful analytical tools such as Shopify reports, Triple Whale, and Motion to ensure every decision you make is data-driven. It’s vital that you’re hitting your clients’ CAC, NC-ROAS, eROAS, and ad spend targets.
This is a career-defining opportunity; allowing the right candidate to take on start-up-style responsibilities and have a direct impact on catapulting Soar into the stratosphere.
- You will ensure the success of a multitude of e-commerce clients from a range of different niches. Being able to generate results under pressure is key. Poor results = poor client retention rates
- Strategise, build, and execute high-spending Meta & TikTok Ad Campaigns. You will be strategising, building, and executing campaigns on Meta & TikTok Ads an ongoing basis for multiple clients. In some instances, spending over £2,000 per day on the clients’ behalf
- Building and maintaining a diverse portfolio of clients
- Communicating with your own clients regularly via Slack and Google Meet
- Work closely with the Head of Acquisition to align on activity and progress. You should be able to demonstrate that you have what it takes to become a Senior Paid Social Manager
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce best practices, including but not limited to; Paid Ads, Retention strategies, creative, CRO, landing pages, product strategy, Shopify, analytical tools, etc
- Keep up to date with eCommerce best practices of tomorrow through training, research, etc
- Effectively communicate and collaborate across the Company
- Think how our clients think.
Success in 6 months:
- Have a proven performance consistently across your client base. Pushing ad spend and growing month-on-month revenue for your clients all while maintaining their profit margins
- Pushing management/leadership. Questioning the way we do things and bringing new ideas to the table on a weekly basis
- The Head of Acquisition is overheard saying to the COO, “The new Paid Social Manager is killing it, I can’t believe how lucky we were to have found them…”
Success in 12 months:
- Have an immaculate track record in driving results for your client base. At this point, you’ll probably have a few clients where you’ve completely transformed their brand and lives
- Be in a position where a whale-sized client comes through the doors and management have no hesitation in assigning them to you (as you can handle anyone and anything)
- Have taken on and excelled at Senior Paid Social Manager-level responsibilities, by helping deliver training sessions to the wider team, mentoring junior team members, and developed a unique skillset.
Success in 24 months:
- You will have progressed up the ranks to Senior Paid Social Manager, and on track to progress to management by the time your next review comes around
- You will have made a name for yourself in the e-commerce industry
- Have implemented a handful of new processes or technologies that have forever changed the way we do things
- You will have made a huge impact in the upskilling of Paid Social Managers to the point where anyone in the team will be able to handle a whale client.
- will take complete ownership of your successes and failures
- are entrepreneurial with the ability to see the bigger picture
- have a proactive approach
- have exceptional attention to detail
- confident in building long-term relationships with your client base
- are able to self-manage and prioritise tasks efficiently
- have excellent leadership qualities
Experience & skills:
- You need at least 1 years of experience running Meta Ads and TikTok Ads for e-commerce brands at a high level
- Previous agency experience is ideal. If not, you must have experience within a 7-8 figure e-commerce brand
- A broad understanding of Shopify and e-commerce. If you’ve never heard of Shopify, Klaviyo or Triple Whale then this role won’t be for you. You must have extensive knowledge of the operations and advertising strategies of high-level ecom brands
- Top-notch research skills. With the need to pivot from client to client, you’ll need to be able to do in-depth research and get up to speed on the industry and market quickly
The benefits of working at Soar:
- Our incredible client base. We work with a wide range of companies, spanning multiple niches and continents. You will be working in collaboration with some of the fastest-growing and most established DTC e-commerce companies in the world
- Building your skills. Our diverse service offering and client base ensure that no two days are the same - with opportunities to broaden your skillset at every turn. We’re committed to ensuring that all of our team are constantly developing and evolving toward their own personal goals and you would be no exception!
- Ongoing mentoring. You will get many hours of 1-on-1 coaching/mentorship with our senior management team, and learn to expertly advertise DTC brands which is an incredibly sought-after skill.
- Start-up sensibilities. You have the rare opportunity to work with a 3-year-old agency and have a huge impact on how we do things
- Flexible, hybrid working. We’re a modern agency, with trust and respect for everyone who works here. As such, we offer the option to work from our vibrant Leeds office, from home, or a combination of both
- Free food with weekly Friday Deliveroo
- Numerous internal social activities are arranged by our social sec at the end of each month. We also host larger social events at the end of each quarter!
Soar With Us is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability, or age.
Due to the evolving nature of the business, the job holder may be required to carry out duties that are not detailed within this job description.